Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 65,743
And1: 178
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 7, 2019 12:45 am

The mentality and work ethic of Jimmy Butler appears to be a perfect fit for the Miami Heat, who have long prided themselves with fitness.


“I think the fan base feels the same way we do about Jimmy,” Erik Spoelstra said. “We just feel that he has Heat DNA, that he was meant to play here and meant to put on a Miami Heat uniform. He has a magnetic personality that the fan base is really going to enjoy and he’s a very good basketball player. At the end of the day, he’s a throwback. He’s a two-way player. He makes the game easier for other guys, and that’s what you want star players to do.”


Butler also became close to Dwyane Wade during their lone season together with the Chicago Bulls.

Via Anthony Chiang/Miami Herald

IAMZOOTED2
Rookie
Posts: 1,078
And1: 400
Joined: Mar 05, 2017
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:40 am

Not news. Not worthy of space. Everybody knows Jimmy is a junkyard dog and the Heat run they ship like a veritable war machine
User avatar
Simmons25
Veteran
Posts: 2,918
And1: 2,024
Joined: Sep 27, 2016
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#3 » by Simmons25 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:35 am

LOL heard the exact same thing when he was in Philly. End of the day he got what he wanted... a team he can control.
170 games - 0 three pointers
sixers_simmons
Freshman
Posts: 93
And1: 101
Joined: Jun 18, 2016
       

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#4 » by sixers_simmons » Mon Oct 7, 2019 8:19 am

Eat a dick Jimmy. Matter of fact, an entire bag of them.
oceanlife
Junior
Posts: 374
And1: 699
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#5 » by oceanlife » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:27 am

The league needs to look into the Heat's initiation rituals.
User avatar
Killboard
Veteran
Posts: 2,913
And1: 737
Joined: Jul 16, 2010

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#6 » by Killboard » Mon Oct 7, 2019 12:10 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Not news. Not worthy of space. Everybody knows Jimmy is a junkyard dog and the Heat run they ship like a veritable war machine


More like a mid century war machine. Luckily they are in the East.
tor1234567
Rookie
Posts: 1,049
And1: 986
Joined: May 31, 2018

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#7 » by tor1234567 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:04 pm

He only joined the Heat because he, along with his hanger-ons, wanted to live it up in a sunny place.

If having "Heat DNA" means missing the playoffs and enjoying some fun in the sun, then ok.
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 70,740
And1: 23,898
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:09 pm

So Heat DNA is what these days? A 500 record and a lottery appearance? Grossly overpaying just about everyone on the roster? Spoelsta is talking like this is still some elite organization.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
User avatar
Canadian6ersFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,598
And1: 2,674
Joined: Jun 24, 2008
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#9 » by Canadian6ersFan » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:48 pm

Yeah, and last year he had Sixers DNA, and a few years prior to that Bulls DNA...

Dude is in the league to make boatloads of money and hump hookers. That's clear to see. He's not about winning.
Trust the Process. Enjoy the Progress.
Forte IV
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,345
And1: 4,677
Joined: Jun 12, 2008
Location: Los Angeles/Milwaukee
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#10 » by Forte IV » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:20 pm

The_Hater wrote:So Heat DNA is what these days? A 500 record and a lottery appearance? Grossly overpaying just about everyone on the roster? Spoelsta is talking like this is still some elite organization.


Haven't you heard? Championship organizations nowadays operate by thinking about their past accomplishments in hopes they'll mimic that same success instead of adapting.
If you want a good laugh, read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1765067
User avatar
The Senator
Junior
Posts: 346
And1: 214
Joined: Mar 09, 2017
         

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#11 » by The Senator » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:24 pm

Ok, Xavi Spoelsta.
mplsfonz23
Analyst
Posts: 3,042
And1: 963
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#12 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:02 pm

Canadian6ersFan wrote:Yeah, and last year he had Sixers DNA, and a few years prior to that Bulls DNA...

Dude is in the league to make boatloads of money and hump hookers. That's clear to see. He's not about winning.


Don't forget the Wolves DNA.
His DNA is toxic. He kept saying he was all about "wining" yet he goes to one of the worst teams in the NBA.
Most Wolves fans are hoping he fails in a big Motherf*cking way. He was all about him from the start.

Once that team starts losing, his inner diva will come out. Wonder who's DNA he will play for in 2020
Sign5
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,577
And1: 8,248
Joined: Sep 27, 2011
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#13 » by Sign5 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:26 pm

sixers_simmons wrote:Eat a dick Jimmy. Matter of fact, an entire bag of them.
Havent said this in like 10 years but YOU MAD

Seriously its hilarious how salty sixers fans are. Sound like extremely entitled brats. Where did it even come from, 2 years of some semblance of playoff success? I could understand the blow back of Dwight leaving the Lakers but you'd think Butler was drafted by the sixers and pulled a Boozer/Deandre.

Jimmy stated from the beginning that he wanted to go to Miami, get over it.
mplsfonz23
Analyst
Posts: 3,042
And1: 963
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#14 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:32 pm

Simmons25 wrote:LOL heard the exact same thing when he was in Philly. End of the day he got what he wanted... a team he can control.


I agree. He NEEDS it to be HIS team. Couldn't share with KAT or Embiid. So now he gets to lead a bunch of bums to nowhere. Then he will blame the FO for not surrounding him with talent. Will call them soft, and demand to be traded now that he's got his money.
Biggest diva in the NBA right now.
User avatar
Simmons25
Veteran
Posts: 2,918
And1: 2,024
Joined: Sep 27, 2016
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#15 » by Simmons25 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 5:21 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:LOL heard the exact same thing when he was in Philly. End of the day he got what he wanted... a team he can control.


I agree. He NEEDS it to be HIS team. Couldn't share with KAT or Embiid. So now he gets to lead a bunch of bums to nowhere. Then he will blame the FO for not surrounding him with talent. Will call them soft, and demand to be traded now that he's got his money.
Biggest diva in the NBA right now.


He wants a team where he can be the #1 man and a supporting superstar to be his #2... but Jimmy isn't good enough to be the #1 on a championship winning team.

Maybe he is just delusional about his own ability... who knows... but history has shown at Minnesota and Philly that unless he gets the ball and is the #1 man he sulks and takes plays off... and starts being cancerous. The only time Jimmy showed up in Philly was when he was given the ball in the playoffs or last quarters when he was given the ball to try and be the hero to win games. Prior to that he was turning down open looks for 3 and looking generally disinterested.
170 games - 0 three pointers
mplsfonz23
Analyst
Posts: 3,042
And1: 963
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#16 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 2:23 pm

Simmons25 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:LOL heard the exact same thing when he was in Philly. End of the day he got what he wanted... a team he can control.


I agree. He NEEDS it to be HIS team. Couldn't share with KAT or Embiid. So now he gets to lead a bunch of bums to nowhere. Then he will blame the FO for not surrounding him with talent. Will call them soft, and demand to be traded now that he's got his money.
Biggest diva in the NBA right now.


He wants a team where he can be the #1 man and a supporting superstar to be his #2... but Jimmy isn't good enough to be the #1 on a championship winning team.

Maybe he is just delusional about his own ability... who knows... but history has shown at Minnesota and Philly that unless he gets the ball and is the #1 man he sulks and takes plays off... and starts being cancerous. The only time Jimmy showed up in Philly was when he was given the ball in the playoffs or last quarters when he was given the ball to try and be the hero to win games. Prior to that he was turning down open looks for 3 and looking generally disinterested.


Now you see what Wolves fans were talking about.
This is not a "I told you so" post, but it took you a year to see that he wasn't all that when you first got him. He's a LOOK AT ME type player, and needs his ego stroked constantly. Pretty sure he would have dragged Philly down the longer he was on your team.
User avatar
Simmons25
Veteran
Posts: 2,918
And1: 2,024
Joined: Sep 27, 2016
 

Re: Erik Spoelsta: Jimmy Butler Has Heat DNA 

Post#17 » by Simmons25 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:24 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
I agree. He NEEDS it to be HIS team. Couldn't share with KAT or Embiid. So now he gets to lead a bunch of bums to nowhere. Then he will blame the FO for not surrounding him with talent. Will call them soft, and demand to be traded now that he's got his money.
Biggest diva in the NBA right now.


He wants a team where he can be the #1 man and a supporting superstar to be his #2... but Jimmy isn't good enough to be the #1 on a championship winning team.

Maybe he is just delusional about his own ability... who knows... but history has shown at Minnesota and Philly that unless he gets the ball and is the #1 man he sulks and takes plays off... and starts being cancerous. The only time Jimmy showed up in Philly was when he was given the ball in the playoffs or last quarters when he was given the ball to try and be the hero to win games. Prior to that he was turning down open looks for 3 and looking generally disinterested.


Now you see what Wolves fans were talking about.
This is not a "I told you so" post, but it took you a year to see that he wasn't all that when you first got him. He's a LOOK AT ME type player, and needs his ego stroked constantly. Pretty sure he would have dragged Philly down the longer he was on your team.


Not a year as he wasn't there much more than 6 months :wink: but I'm not disappointed at all to see him go... and most 76'ers fans aren't. Just not a good fit for the talent that he had around him.
170 games - 0 three pointers

Return to Wiretap Discussion