Re: Andre Drummond, Pistons Have Discussed Extension 'At A Business Level'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 177

Andre Drummond, Pistons Have Discussed Extension 'At A Business Level' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:51 pm

The Detroit Pistons say they remain "dedicated" to Andre Drummond.

Tom Gores confirmed the two sides are “talking at a business level,” and two sources told the Free Press that the Pistons have told Drummond’s representatives the franchise would like to retain his services.

Drummond believes he remains a max contract player.

"That's the way anybody would see themselves," said Drummond.

“It doesn’t matter if you’re a basketball player. With the work you put in, you should be rewarded for it — no matter who you are. If it’s me or even a rookie. Everybody feels like they should make a maximum amount of dollars.”

Drummond plans to decline his $28.75 million player option for 20-21. The Pistons could offer Drummond a five-year, $190 million deal, while rival teams could offer $140 million over four seasons.

Via Vince Ellis/Detroit Free Press

PerfectJab
Sixth Man
And1: 559

Post#2 » by PerfectJab » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:53 am

I think he knows what he is. If he were truly a max player, he wouldn't have to elaborate on why everyone should think they are. Either way, it'll come down to what the market dictates, regardless of whether he's worth it or not.

One thing that seems likely is that tying up so much dollars in a player of Drummonds caliber would seem to suggest keeping assets non conducive to a championship caliber team. I think there a plenty of players that may not stat stuff as much as Drummond yet produce similar win shares for much less.
tor1234567
Pro Prospect
And1: 803

Post#3 » by tor1234567 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:39 am

We have no "business" offering you an extension

Return to Wiretap Discussion