James Johnson Returns To Heat To 'Earn My Respect Back'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

James Johnson Returns To Heat To 'Earn My Respect Back' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:28 pm

James Johnson made his return to the Miami Heat after getting kicked out of the team on September 30th for failing to meet their conditioning standards.

"It was Day 1 of earning my respect back. That's the only emotion I had, is earn my respect back ... It's good to be back home. I got exactly what I needed; I got exactly what I needed to hear. Hopefully I can put it all behind me after this," said Johnson.

Johnson missed two weeks of practice, along with two out of the Heat's first five exhibition games.

Jimmy Butler was excited by Johnson's return.

“It’s great to have that guy back. He plays basketball the right way.”

Via Ira Winderman/South Florida Sun Sentinel

Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: James Johnson Returns To Heat To 'Earn My Respect Back' 

Post#2 » by Cassius » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 am

In a bar fight, is there another team in the league scarier than the Heat with Bam, Jimmy and JJ? We all know Dion's throwing a chair... and Olynyk fights dirty as it is.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Post#3 » by Vibranium » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:12 am

Cassius wrote:In a bar fight, is there another team in the league scarier than the Heat with Bam, Jimmy and JJ? We all know Dion's throwing a chair... and Olynyk fights dirty as it is.

Olynyk would probably just rip a guys arm off.
Read on Twitter
PhilippineBulls
Junior
And1: 448

Post#4 » by PhilippineBulls » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:28 am

Cassius wrote:In a bar fight, is there another team in the league scarier than the Heat with Bam, Jimmy and JJ? We all know Dion's throwing a chair... and Olynyk fights dirty as it is.

Tyler herro gonna file lawsuits. Gonna sue everybody's ass after the bar fight.
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#5 » by Starks » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:03 am

Come on, nobody's scary anymore in this league. All of them are just softies who can mimick a mean face every once in a while, and pretend they'd be going at it if their teammates didn't hold them back. They all would run for cover in any street fight. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but if you're looking for toughness, the NBA is not the place.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#6 » by Cassius » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Starks wrote:

Come on, nobody's scary anymore in this league. All of them are just softies who can mimick a mean face every once in a while, and pretend they'd be going at it if their teammates didn't hold them back. They all would run for cover in any street fight. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but if you're looking for toughness, the NBA is not the place.

JJ is a black belt, Bam is Nigerian.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion