Re: Jaylen Brown Hires Agent To Handle Negotiation For Contract Extension

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jaylen Brown Hires Agent To Handle Negotiation For Contract Extension 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:06 am

Jaylen Brown hired Jason Glushon as his agent to help negotiate a contract extension with the Boston Celtics, reported Adam Himmelsbach of The Boston Globe. 

Brown has represented himself through his NBA career, though has had agents as advisors. Glushon also represents Al Horford.

Brown emphasized that his focus remained on basketball.

“The media, the headlines, the articles that are being written about it, I think that’s more of a distraction more than anything. I’m just focused on basketball," Brown told The Boston Globe. 

Via Adam Himmlesbach/The Boston Globe

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Jaylen Brown Hires Agent To Handle Negotiation For Contract Extension 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:54 am

I think the realistic comparables his agent could negotiate is somewhere around or between the 4 year $85M extension Harrison Barnes just resigned with the Sacramento Kings for and the 4 year $100M extension Draymond Green signed with the Warriors for. Add to that Celtics have some added leverage in the sense that this Daryl Morey-China fiasco is likely going to lead to a lower salary cap next season when Brown's extension kicks in so they could argue the two comparables I mentioned were negotiated at higher cap figures. Add to that those two players are largely being compensated for established resumes spanning 7 seasons while Brown's resume is based on just three seasons with a lot of his contract value tied to future performance.

Return to Wiretap Discussion