Bogdan Bogdanovic Likely To Exceed His Current Max Eligible Extension Of $51.4M

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bogdan Bogdanovic Likely To Exceed His Current Max Eligible Extension Of $51.4M 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:57 pm

The Sacramento Kings would likely sign Bogdan Bogdanovic to what is his current max available extension of $51.4 million over four seasons.

But that is widely considered a below market rate for Bogdanovic, who could become a restricted free agent and sign a far bigger contract.

The Kings could eventually face a decision of choosing between Bogdanovic and Buddy Hield.

Via Jason Anderson/Sacramento Bee

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Re: Bogdan Bogdanovic Likely To Exceed His Current Max Eligible Extension Of $51.4M 

Post#2 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Perfect fit on the Knicks!
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Re: Bogdan Bogdanovic Likely To Exceed His Current Max Eligible Extension Of $51.4M 

Post#3 » by Scalabrine » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:35 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Perfect fit on the Knicks!

Why the Knicks?

We have a ton of young guards.
Go Knicks!
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#4 » by Yuri Vaultin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Scalabrine wrote:

Why the Knicks?

But how many of them can shoot and actually play basketball?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#5 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Scalabrine wrote:

Why the Knicks?

There's no shooting guard on the roster with enough talent and that kind of skillset. Bogdan is a top 10 shooter in the league.

(RJ should play at SF)
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#6 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Why is a 28 year old (next year) who's not that great and going to command a large contract great for a rebuilding lottery team seeking to preserve cap space for 2021 free agency?
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#7 » by Scalabrine » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:20 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

Why the Knicks?

There's no shooting guard on the roster with enough talent and that kind of skillset. Bogdan is a top 10 shooter in the league.

(RJ should play at SF)

I think your'e talking about Bojan Bogdanovic. Bogdan shot 36% from 3, which was slightly below league average, last year.

Bojan was ranked 10th last year and 42.5% from 3. Bogdan was ranked 78th.
Go Knicks!
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#8 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:34 pm

If I were a Knicks fan, I wouldn't want a 3-year, $60mil deal for Bogdanovic next summer to be the crown jewel of the offseason. Similarly, I'm sure most NYK fans didn't want Julius to be the crown jewel of this past offseason, but beggars can't be choosers, so here we are!

All shade aside, New York looks to have enough capspace in summer 2020 to nab a max player AND sign someone like Bogdan. He'd be the perfect 4th starter for a team that is based around non-shooters like Barrett and Robinson. Add an elite FA first, and BB becomes your floor-spacer extraordinaire.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
kanahda ballz
Junior
And1: 248

Post#9 » by kanahda ballz » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Bogdan is a player on the rise. He had a solid second season in the NBA and was great in the FIBA tourment.

He is a big, playmaking, 3 point shooting guard entering his prime. If the Kings extend Hield they will probably have to pay the luxury tax if they extend Bogdan.

As a RA free agent next summer Bogdan should get a few offers in the 4 year/$80 million range.

I would much rather offer that deal to Bogdan than I would to Jaylen Brown.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#10 » by FreeBoosie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:27 pm

kanahda ballz wrote:Bogdan is a player on the rise. He had a solid second season in the NBA and was great in the FIBA tourment.

He is a big, playmaking, 3 point shooting guard entering his prime. If the Kings extend Hield they will probably have to pay the luxury tax if they extend Bogdan.

As a RA free agent next summer Bogdan should get a few offers in the 4 year/$80 million range.

Sincerely yours,
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#11 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:12 pm

FreeBoosie wrote:
kanahda ballz wrote:Bogdan is a player on the rise. He had a solid second season in the NBA and was great in the FIBA tourment.

Sincerely yours,
Bogdan Bogdanovic

Didn't he post a 53 ts% last season? People are harping on Jaylen Brown and Ingram potentially getting overpaid, at least their ceilings are much higher. Brown's soph season was much better than any Bogs has put together and both are much younger.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#12 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Bogs will also be 28 going into the first year of his new contract.....
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
FreeBoosie wrote:

Sincerely yours,
Bogdan Bogdanovic

Didn't he post a 53 ts% last season? People are harping on Jaylen Brown and Ingram potentially getting overpaid, at least their ceilings are much higher. Brown's soph season was much better than any Bogs has put together and both are much younger.

I wouldn't want to commit to any of those guys at $20M+ per year, long term. But of those three, Ingram has the highest ceiling and Brown has the highest floor. I like Bogdan, but he's the only one of those three that I feel confident will never play in an all-star game. The other two are 5 years younger.

Return to Wiretap Discussion