NBA Teams Using Start Of Regular Season To Gauge Potential Lost China Revenue

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NBA Teams Using Start Of Regular Season To Gauge Potential Lost China Revenue 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:10 pm

NBA teams are using the start of the regular season as a gauge to see how serious the ramifications of Daryl Morey's Tweet supporting Hong Kong will be, according to sources that spoke with Shams Charania of The Athletic.

At that point, it should be clear whether China will lift their broadcast ban of NBA games.

Several teams are negotiating contract extensions with the 2016 draft class while not fully knowing whether the NBA could face a salary cap reduction due to the loss of revenue from China.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

countryboy667
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Re: NBA Teams Using Start Of Regular Season To Gauge Potential Lost China Revenue 

Post#2 » by countryboy667 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:48 pm

I've been an NBA fan for decades--first time I've ever been ashamed of that. I hope the cowardly Xi Jinping arse-kissers lose their asses...
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: NBA Teams Using Start Of Regular Season To Gauge Potential Lost China Revenue 

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:37 pm

countryboy667 wrote:I've been an NBA fan for decades--first time I've ever been ashamed of that. I hope the cowardly Xi Jinping arse-kissers lose their asses...

30 year fan here, and although I’ve lost a lot of love for the NBA with the rule changes and player personalities, I’ve remained a fan of the game.

In the end I don’t believe there will be a true fallout from this. The rich will keep getting richer and the Chinese people will continue to suffer.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion