Giannis Antetokounmpo On Playoff Loss Last Season: 'Maybe My Game Wasn't Ready'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Giannis Antetokounmpo On Playoff Loss Last Season: 'Maybe My Game Wasn't Ready' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:28 am

Giannis Antetokounmpo admitted that his game wasn't ready during the Milwaukee Bucks' loss to the Toronto Raptors in last season's Eastern Conference Final.

“When you get to that moment, maybe I wasn't ready. Maybe my game wasn't ready. But that's OK. As long as you learn from it,” Antetokounmpo told Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo! Sports.

The league MVP said that he learned a lot from playing against Kawhi Leonard in the playoffs.

“I learned a lot from him. He knocked down free throws. He was calm. When double-teams came, he was swinging the ball but getting it right back. He was aggressive. He was calm but he was on a mission," observed Antetokounmpo.

General manager Jon Horst added that Antetokounmpo has yet to even hit his prime.

“He's not even in his prime yet. Your prime ages, it's a little subjective — 26 to 30, 27 to 29. He's not there yet. Of course, he's not there. ... I know he thinks a lot. I think a lot. His shooting will continue to improve.”

Via Vincent Goodwill/Yahoo! Sports

Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo On Playoff Loss Last Season: 'Maybe My Game Wasn't Ready' 

Post#2 » by Kevin Willis » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:40 pm

This is his year to take the next step.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo On Playoff Loss Last Season: 'Maybe My Game Wasn't Ready' 

Post#3 » by cheese318 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:52 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:This is his year to take the next step.

So his MVP season wasn’t that step?
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,063

Post#4 » by Lockdown504090 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:34 pm

cheese318 wrote:

I believe hes talking skill-wise. He just got stronger, more aggresive and had more space because of the system. he needs to individually improve his skill
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#5 » by BigHustle » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:14 pm

cheese318 wrote:

Even more smart basketball decisions and elevate teammates to even greater heights. Keep putting it all together.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#6 » by TheBoi10 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Hot take but Giannis has already peaked, his athleticism is at it's peak right now at 25, will only go downhill from here.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:38 pm

He’s so refreshingly humble. Just the ideal superstar, in my opinion.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#8 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:03 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:Hot take but Giannis has already peaked, his athleticism is at it's peak right now at 25, will only go downhill from here.

No, no, it's like he says. He's inexperienced and will soon put it together. If the Bucks do that too, he/that is a championship waiting to happen.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#9 » by cheese318 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:15 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:Hot take but Giannis has already peaked, his athleticism is at it's peak right now at 25, will only go downhill from here.

No, no, it's like he says. He's inexperienced and will soon put it together. If the Bucks do that too, he/that is a championship waiting to happen.

Will he ever generate a jump shot because that’s the most damning part of his game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion