Jimmy Butler Misses Heat Game For 'Personal Reasons'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jimmy Butler Misses Heat Game For 'Personal Reasons' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:40 am

Jimmy Butler missed Miami Heat's 120-101 win over the Memphis Grizzlies due to "personal reasons."

Erik Spoelstra added that “everything’s fine” and there was no reason for further concern.

The Heat also won without Dion Waiters, who was suspended for the opener due to detrimental team conduct. 

Via NBA.com

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Re: Jimmy Butler Misses Heat Game For 'Personal Reasons' 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Wait, Jimmy putting himself before the team? Impossible!
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#3 » by the_process » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:33 pm

What were Jimmy’s personal reasons for missing the season opener?
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#4 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:40 pm

General soreness out for personal reasons?
Where are all of his supporters? I got ripped when he left Minnesota and told everyone in Philly he was a drama queen. Philly fans found out like we did. Now Miami is dealing with this ahole.
Didn't he say "winning was everything?" Then he signed a FAT contract, now it's not as important anymore.

He is a CANCER for ANY team he's on, and will never change. I hate to say I told you so. But not when it comes to Jimmy Butthead. :lol:
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:43 pm

the_process wrote:What were Jimmy’s personal reasons for missing the season opener?

Yeah.

I have a feeling some bad sh*t is coming down, he can't help himself.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#6 » by MegaK » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:17 pm

yo his butt hurt bro.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#7 » by Jody Smokz » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:24 pm

Some you fans are weird. COuld very well be a family issue that he does not want public. Jesus Christ man.
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#8 » by Spacely » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:24 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:General soreness out for personal reasons?
Where are all of his supporters? I got ripped when he left Minnesota and told everyone in Philly he was a drama queen. Philly fans found out like we did. Now Miami is dealing with this ahole.
Didn't he say "winning was everything?" Then he signed a FAT contract, now it's not as important anymore.

He is a CANCER for ANY team he's on, and will never change. I hate to say I told you so. But not when it comes to Jimmy Butthead. :lol:

How crazy do you look when it was a child birth
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 pm

Spacely wrote:

Not crazy at all. He's still a cancer.

And why all the drama with the "personal reasons?" He doesn't want the world to know he's got a kid on the way?
DIVA at it's finest.
I am not "butt hurt over anything....Well maybe I am, but more at Thibs than Butler. Have fun with queen B.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#10 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:02 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Spacely wrote:

He is a CANCER for ANY team he's on, and will never change. I hate to say I told you so. But not when it comes to Jimmy Butthead.

And why all the drama with the "personal reasons?" He doesn't want the world to know he's got a kid on the way?
DIVA at it's finest.
I am not "butt hurt over anything....Well maybe I am, but more at Thibs than Butler. Have fun with queen B.
Thibs said keep LaVine and trade Wiggins. Why are you mad at him?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Post#11 » by TheCage4 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Spacely wrote:

Missing a game for the birth of a child- what is this the Stone Age? Live Stream that on the jumbo tron during the game!

Anything less is just selfish.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#12 » by Spacely » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:03 am

TheCage4 wrote:
Spacely wrote:

Missing a game for the birth of a child- what is this the Stone Age? Live Stream that on the jumbo tron during the game!

Anything less is just selfish.

Yes there is life outside of basketball and a child being born is important to your own family, you don’t stay in the NBA longer than a human being is in the world. We won the game without him anyways
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#13 » by inquisitive » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:51 am

JB is not about basketball anymore. You knew right away when he left the Sixers
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:38 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Spacely wrote:

DIVA at it's finest.

No he didn't. Show me a quote.
Thibs had full control. GT wanted Wiggins and LaVine was hurt. Thibs got the most out of it because the Bulls were tanking, so waiting a year for LaVine was good with them.
The fact he destroyed our team for ONE year of JB was ALL on him.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:17 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

DIVA at it's finest.

Thibs had full control. GT wanted Wiggins and LaVine was hurt. Thibs got the most out of it because the Bulls were tanking, so waiting a year for LaVine was good with them.

"Thibs had full control. GT wanted Wiggins and LaVine was hurt."

This seems contradictory already. If TT had full control why does it matter what Glen Taylor wanted? You seem very hostile about the TT era. Is anything said here truly going to change your opinion about it?

Do you believe TT wanted to give Wiggins a maximum extension deal also? He had full control. Again, GT wanted Wiggins. TT... wanted Butler, but a maximum contract for Wiggins interfered with giving Butler the extension he wanted if iirc.

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:19 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

DIVA at it's finest.

https://clutchpoints.com/timberwolves-news-tom-thibodeau-glen-taylor-different-andrew-wiggins-trade-piece/

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:34 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:Thibs said keep LaVine and trade Wiggins. Why are you mad at him?

This seems contradictory already. If TT had full control why does it matter what Glen Taylor wanted? You seem very hostile about the TT era. Is anything said here truly going to change your opinion about it?

Do you believe TT wanted to give Wiggins a maximum extension deal also? He had full control. Again, GT wanted Wiggins. TT... wanted Butler, but a maximum contract for Wiggins interfered with giving Butler the extension he wanted if iirc.

It was a mess from the start. GT gave Thibs full control, but then demanded he keep Wiigins. Not sure why. Then Thibs told GT if he want to win he needed to get his guys for his system. Convince GT that going after Taj, Rose, Butler was the way to go. He needed something to get JB so LaVine was the major piece for it because Chi didn't want Wiggins. It was a coaches win now move, and we made the PO's so it worked.
Now after the season we offered JB the MAXIMUM allowed which was $110 mil (I think) and Jimmy got pissed. So he threw everybody he could find under the bus, and forced his way out, while spouting off about winning. Helped Philly out, then pissed and moaned his way out to the highest bidder.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by DoItALL9 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:57 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:No he didn't. Show me a quote.

It was a mess from the start. GT gave Thibs full control, but then demanded he keep Wiigins. Not sure why. Then Thibs told GT if he want to win he needed to get his guys for his system. Convince GT that going after Taj, Rose, Butler was the way to go. He needed something to get JB so LaVine was the major piece for it because Chi didn't want Wiggins. It was a coaches win now move, and we made the PO's so it worked.
Now after the season we offered JB the MAXIMUM allowed which was $110 mil (I think) and Jimmy got pissed. So he threw everybody he could find under the bus, and forced his way out, while spouting off about winning. Helped Philly out, then pissed and moaned his way out to the highest bidder.
Seems to me GT told TT he couldn't trade Wiggins AND he wanted to win immediately and TT said to do so immediately he needed his Chicago guys. We don't know if he would've went that route if the impetus to win immediately didn't exist.

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by DoItALL9 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:59 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:No he didn't. Show me a quote.

I think the max deal being given to Andrew Wiggins showed Butler that Minnesota wasn't committed to winning or that they didn't know what it took. This may fall on TT but I tend to lean towards thinking Wiggins' maximum deal was GT's doing.

Return to Wiretap Discussion