Deandre Ayton Suspended 25 Games By NBA For Taking Banned Diuretic

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Deandre Ayton Suspended 25 Games By NBA For Taking Banned Diuretic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:16 am

Deandre Ayton has received a 25-game suspension for violating the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program by testing positive for a diuretic.

Ayton's suspension will begin immediately. 

Ayton was the top overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft out of Arizona.

Via RealGM Staff Report

JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Re: Deandre Ayton Suspended 25 Games By NBA For Taking Banned Diuretic 

Post#2 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:55 am

Hello DeAndre Ayton,
You ain't LeBron, so you can't get away with that stuff yet.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:00 am

Just let these players take what they want. It’s entertainment after all, not sport. It stopped being a sport a long time ago.

Expand the court. Raise the hoop. I want to see guys running through and jumping over each other. I want broken backboards and bent rims. I want players to blow through the scorers table going for a loose ball and take the statisticians out in the process.

Bring back hand checking and eliminate the defensive three second rule. Let’s see players pushed halfway down the court when they try their fancy dribbling. Let’s see blocked shots take the heads off of seated court side fans. Let’s have the “Malice at the Palace” every night! Let’s have some entertainment!
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
DCRYsing89
Starter
And1: 718

Post#4 » by DCRYsing89 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:11 am

He took a drug to pee more?
After your first, you change, you mature, you dont just jump into things.

After getting dunked on for the first time, life becomes complex.
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Post#5 » by Future Coach » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:31 am

DCRYsing89 wrote:He took a drug to pee more?

I believe folks take a diuretic because it helps make the use of anabolic steroids more difficult to detect.

In any event, this is unexpected news
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#6 » by donemilio21 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:41 am

Suns fans must be furious with their FO taking this guy instead of Luka or Trea.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:24 am

Future Coach wrote:
DCRYsing89 wrote:He took a drug to pee more?

I believe folks take a diuretic because it helps make the use of anabolic steroids more difficult to detect.

In any event, this is unexpected news

It helps mask anything... PED's, Narcotics, whatever. Unfortunately they don't mask themselves. :D

It doesn't really matter; If he's taking diuretics he has something to hide.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#8 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:41 am

Suns fans... how ya'll feel about watching Luka Doncic light it up every night? :lol:
Thank you Clutch0z24
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#9 » by Swift21 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:56 am

donemilio21 wrote:Suns fans must be furious with their FO taking this guy instead of Luka or Trea.

Both the Kings and Suns should feel sick their stomach.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,236

Post#10 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:14 am

I feel for Suns fans at this point.
Oh well, perhaps Aron Baynes will get more burn and at least give them a professional.
ReddOktober
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#11 » by ReddOktober » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:17 am

TheCage4 wrote:Just let these players take what they want. It’s entertainment after all, not sport. It stopped being a sport a long time ago.

Expand the court. Raise the hoop. I want to see guys running through and jumping over each other. I want broken backboards and bent rims. I want players to blow through the scorers table going for a loose ball and take the statisticians out in the process.

Bring back hand checking and eliminate the defensive three second rule. Let’s see players pushed halfway down the court when they try their fancy dribbling. Let’s see blocked shots take the heads off of seated court side fans. Let’s have the “Malice at the Palace” every night! Let’s have some entertainment!

Yea you need to go watch wrestling or something. This is organized ball. If you knew the game you would know that this is the most entertaining season in a good while due to team construction.
ryanball
Sophomore
And1: 238

Post#12 » by ryanball » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:24 am

Lebron James, getting stronger and bigger into his mid-30's. Its obvious to anyone with a brain he is on gear. There he is NBA, but they don't care. I wonder why.

So why should anyone care? Athletes want to make themselves more suitable for our entertainment, what exactly is the problem? It is what it is. If you think the NBA is just a collection of nice gentlemen having an honorable contest of skills then you are living in a dream world.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#13 » by TheCage4 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:12 pm

ReddOktober wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:Just let these players take what they want. It’s entertainment after all, not sport. It stopped being a sport a long time ago.

Yea you need to go watch wrestling or something. This is organized ball. If you knew the game you would know that this is the most entertaining season in a good while due to team construction.

You need to understand satirical comedy.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#14 » by castor777 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:39 pm

ryanball wrote:Lebron James, getting stronger and bigger into his mid-30's. Its obvious to anyone with a brain he is on gear. There he is NBA, but they don't care. I wonder why.

So why should anyone care? Athletes want to make themselves more suitable for our entertainment, what exactly is the problem? It is what it is. If you think the NBA is just a collection of nice gentlemen having an honorable contest of skills then you are living in a dream world.

The continued belief that LeBron is on gear is tiresome and at this stage idiotic. If he was taking PEDs all his career his body would be breaking down at great length at this point and he'd be out of the league a long time ago. Also you're talking about how much stronger and bigger he is, yet this is the first time in the past 5 seasons that it actually looks like he's bulked up, where as when he returned to Cleveland he lost a lot of weight and played with a lighter frame.

We're well into the later half of the guys career, and it seems like we'll see his numbers begin to decline in the coming seasons as father time finally catches up with him. He's had a great run, minus well enjoy it while it lasts instead of just BSing about things you clearly know nothing about.
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#15 » by saltybs » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:23 pm

"It's a natural diuretic, my girlfriend drinks it when she's got her period. What, you got your period?"
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#16 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:18 pm

castor777 wrote:
ryanball wrote:Lebron James, getting stronger and bigger into his mid-30's. Its obvious to anyone with a brain he is on gear. There he is NBA, but they don't care. I wonder why.

The continued belief that LeBron is on gear is tiresome and at this stage idiotic. If he was taking PEDs all his career his body would be breaking down at great length at this point and he'd be out of the league a long time ago. Also you're talking about how much stronger and bigger he is, yet this is the first time in the past 5 seasons that it actually looks like he's bulked up, where as when he returned to Cleveland he lost a lot of weight and played with a lighter frame.

We're well into the later half of the guys career, and it seems like we'll see his numbers begin to decline in the coming seasons as father time finally catches up with him. He's had a great run, minus well enjoy it while it lasts instead of just BSing about things you clearly know nothing about.

Ya, he's built like Karl Malone with Magic PG skills. Did Malone ever get caught with PEDs?
Heavyhitter10
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#17 » by Heavyhitter10 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:42 pm

Does anyone know if a 25-game suspension comes with the first positive test or was this his second?
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#18 » by Little Italia » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:27 pm

What is wrong with NBA players taking diuretics? It's like not they are MMA or boxing atheletes where they have to make weight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
Taikuri
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#19 » by Taikuri » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:36 pm

Little Italia wrote:What is wrong with NBA players taking diuretics? It's like not they are MMA or boxing atheletes where they have to make weight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

I just read that diuretics are used to clean traces of heavier doping use. I'm guessing Ayton is on steroids or something and cleaning it up.

Return to Wiretap Discussion