Giannis Antetokounmpo: I Do Believe I Can Get A Lot Better

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Giannis Antetokounmpo: I Do Believe I Can Get A Lot Better 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:21 pm

Giannis Antetokounmpo continues to believe he can vastly improve his game. Antetokounmpo has previously said he's only at 60 percent of his potential.

“I can get a lot better,” Antetokounmpo told Sam Amick of The Athletic while nodding at his locker after the win on Thursday night. “As I said in the summer, as long as I believe that I can get better, that’s all that matters. And I know that I can get better, because – as you said – I had travels (against the Rockets), I wasn’t able to score in the first quarter, wasn’t able to get a rhythm, wasn’t able to find my teammates. There’s so many things where I can get better. I’m not going to be perfect, but I can get better. It doesn’t matter what people say throughout the league, because a lot of people don’t believe that I can get better. But I do believe that I can get better."

While Antetokounmpo is committed to getting better, he's not particularly interested in defending his MVP title.

“I really don’t,” he insisted. “We’ve got 81 more games to go. And as I said last year, if we take care of our business, everything will take care of itself.”

Via Sam Amick/The Athletic

Return to Wiretap Discussion