Joe Lacob: I'm Very Optimistic About Warriors' Future

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Joe Lacob: I'm Very Optimistic About Warriors' Future 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:34 pm

The Golden State Warriors will be without Stephen Curry for several weeks with a broken hand, joining Klay Thompson on the sidelines and leaving Draymond Green and D'Angelo Russell to try to scavenge wins that were already tough to come by.

“I’m just telling you that the bottom line is I’m not negative and I’m not going to get negative,” Joe Lacob told The Athletic outside the Warriors locker room late Wednesday. “I’m an optimist and we’re building something. You’re always looking short term and you’re looking intermediate term and you’re looking long term.

“And I think we’ve got a lot of good young players in place. Potentially, there’s a silver lining in all of this, who knows? And I’m very optimistic about our future. Very optimistic about our future. I think we’re going to be there at some point. Can’t say when. We’ve obviously got a lot of injuries now, but we’re going to be there.”

The Warriors will retain their first round pick if it remains in the top-20.

Lacob isn't ready to concede the 19-20 season for the Warriors.

“I don’t look at it that way,” Lacob said. “I look at it (as) we have a job to do, Bob (Myers) does, all of us, to build something for the long term. And sometimes you can’t just think what’s in front of you the next week. You have to think about the next months and even year or two. Have to.

“That’s what we have done. I think that we’re going to be good over the long run.”

Via Tim Kawakami/The Athletic

alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Re: Joe Lacob: I'm Very Optimistic About Warriors' Future 

Post#2 » by alienpick » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:23 pm

time to sign Carmelo
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#3 » by Spud2nique » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:50 pm

Bye Ayesha. :wink:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#4 » by Spud2nique » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:58 pm

You know Lacob is the type of SOB to lose, take his ball and go home. Fkin loser shut up.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,190

Post#5 » by Max Headrom » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:27 pm

Uh, what happened to light years ahead though??? :roll:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#6 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:30 pm

Let me tell you from experience. Coming from the exerience of 16 chips. Lacob, your done. Finished. Kaput. Hasta la vista baby. 3 is all your gettin, and the door is closed.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
RajonRambo
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#7 » by RajonRambo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:54 pm

Spud2nique wrote:You know Lacob is the type of SOB to lose, take his ball and go home. Fkin loser shut up.

So...if you were an owner trying to sell tickets to a mediocre product, what would you tell ‘em?

Big ego, big mouth for sure...but GS the last few years gave him a lot to gloat about. I’m sorta interested in how they regroup. I mean you don’t build a team like that by accident.

This year’s team is a total freakin’ accident though...shoulda grabbed some protection Joe!

Return to Wiretap Discussion