Joel Embiid, Karl-Anthony Towns Suspended 2 Games Each For Altercation

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joel Embiid, Karl-Anthony Towns Suspended 2 Games Each For Altercation 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 1, 2019 2:53 am

Joel Embiid and Karl-Anthony Towns were each suspended two games for their role in an altercation during the Philadelphia 76ers' 117-95 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Towns and Embiid were both ejected from the game.

Ben Simmons was not suspended as he was deemed to be a "peacemaker" who was breaking up the fight. The Wolves have disputed that claim

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

CelticPride44
Sophomore
And1: 134

Re: Joel Embiid, Karl-Anthony Towns Suspended 2 Games Each For Altercation 

Post#2 » by CelticPride44 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 3:50 am

I have no real issue with the altercation.......It's gonna happen from time to time in competitive sports........

I think Embiid should have gotten more just based of the fact this isn't his first altercation like this and after separated he acted as if he just KO'ed someone in a UFC fight. This type of behavior only gets the fans excited which could easily have lead to something ugly like the fight we saw many years ago in Detroit. Embiid is a fake tough guy......he cracks jokes and hides behind his tweets.......don't raise your hands in victory or fist pump the crowd until you actually land a punch or win a fight.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#3 » by BigTex » Fri Nov 1, 2019 5:43 am

CelticPride44 wrote:I have no real issue with the altercation.......It's gonna happen from time to time in competitive sports........

I think Embiid should have gotten more just based of the fact this isn't his first altercation like this and after separated he acted as if he just KO'ed someone in a UFC fight. This type of behavior only gets the fans excited which could easily have lead to something ugly like the fight we saw many years ago in Detroit. Embiid is a fake tough guy......he cracks jokes and hides behind his tweets.......don't raise your hands in victory or fist pump the crowd until you actually land a punch or win a fight.

I agree entirely. I thought his mugging for the crowd and the camera merited at least as long a suspension as the fight. Fights are inevitably going to happen. Acting like that doesn't ever have to happen.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,657

Post#4 » by shrink » Fri Nov 1, 2019 12:10 pm

I coach kids, and am trying to teach them about sportsmanship.

Fights are bad enough, but Embiid’s antics after the game - which were cheered by PHI fans - just lessens the NBA.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#5 » by FreeBoosie » Fri Nov 1, 2019 12:45 pm

CelticPride44 wrote:I have no real issue with the altercation.......It's gonna happen from time to time in competitive sports........

Right on brother. But don’t tell this to the sixers fans here. I said the same thing and was called a bandwagon hater by some dumbass lmao
arneil
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#6 » by arneil » Fri Nov 1, 2019 1:41 pm

FreeBoosie wrote:

Right on brother. But don’t tell this to the sixers fans here. I said the same thing and was called a bandwagon hater by some dumbass lmao

I can definitely agree with this statement. Well, maybe not 100% agree. I mean Embiid has and does admit he loves getting into peoples heads so hes not a "fake" tough guy per say. And plus...Embiid is on my fantasy team, gotta defend him some how lol!!
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#7 » by Durant Durant » Fri Nov 1, 2019 5:08 pm

sometimes players need to blow off some steam like hockey. i say give 'em boys a minute :starwars
No no yes yes
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#8 » by alienpick » Fri Nov 1, 2019 5:12 pm

Embiid should get more. He started all the pushing and KAT more or less just defended himself from it.
elgrandeques0
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#9 » by elgrandeques0 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 8:13 pm

alienpick wrote:Embiid should get more. He started all the pushing and KAT more or less just defended himself from it.

Agreed. Minn got shafted here and Sixer fan jumping in saying it aint a big deal.

Embiid started shoving, KAT defended himself and got the upper hand with the headlock, then Simmons jumps in to back his guy up.

KAT hit the floor, Embiid's walking away, THEN Simmons jumps on him and puts him in a choke (or puts a forearm around his neck) and squeezes for a few seconds. Anyone really want to tell me that 0:35-0:38 isn't a choke? Look at KAT's face.

grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#10 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Nov 1, 2019 8:38 pm

25 game suspension for diuretics in your piss, but actual physical assault gets a 2 game suspension. Makes sense...
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#11 » by BigHustle » Sat Nov 2, 2019 12:30 am

grumpysaddle wrote:25 game suspension for diuretics in your piss, but actual physical assault gets a 2 game suspension. Makes sense...

Well one is cheating and could ruin the integrity of the whole league. the other is uncontrollable emotions that affect one game of the season.

Speaking which, wow I wonder if my guy dwade still has a big jaw.

Return to Wiretap Discussion