Kyrie Irving On Leadership: 'True Leadership Comes From The Way Your Actions Speak'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving On Leadership: 'True Leadership Comes From The Way Your Actions Speak' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 2, 2019 5:33 pm

Kyrie Irving opened up to Joe Vardon of The Athletic about his leadership role in the Brooklyn Nets locker room,

The comments come on the heels of a report earlier this week that the Nets are already concerned about Irving's "mood swings."

“True leadership comes from the way your actions speak ... It’s just not trying to overemphasize what leadership means all the time and overexplain it, in terms of, ‘This is me as a leader.’ Because truth be told, there is not just one leader in the locker room," said Irving.

Kenny Atkinson defended Irving from the report, saying that he's been an "A-plus" teammate.

Irving added that he's learned from his past experience with the Celtics about not overemphasizing the leadership role.

“I think it’s just the realization that I’m going to be one of the leaders, regardless (of) whether I want to come out and say it or not,” said Irving.

Via Joe Vardon/The Athletic

NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Re: Kyrie Irving On Leadership: 'True Leadership Comes From The Way Your Actions Speak' 

Post#2 » by NavalAviator94 » Sat Nov 2, 2019 7:49 pm

Raise your hand if you’re wanting to hear leadership thoughts from Kyrie Irving. Not
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Kyrie Irving On Leadership: 'True Leadership Comes From The Way Your Actions Speak' 

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 12:41 am

Irving forced his way out of Cleveland because he “wanted to be the man,” and then he bailed on Boston because he couldn’t handle being the man.

That’s pretty much present day leadership right there so he’s not wrong.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
thesaint9
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#4 » by thesaint9 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 5:16 am

This guy is so full of himself. Leaders don't talk so much. They let their game and team success speak for itself. Blaming your teammates as he did in Boston is not leadership. He whines so much when his team is losing.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#5 » by BigHustle » Sun Nov 3, 2019 12:56 pm

Kyrie, you may want to study #8 in BOS for more lessons on leadership. He seems to get it.

- #0 BOS

Return to Wiretap Discussion