Re: Terry Rozier On Last FA: Knicks Were 'One Of My 30th First Options' BREAKING NEWS!!

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Terry Rozier On Last Summer's Free Agency: Knicks Were 'One Of My First Options' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:17 pm

Terry Rozier said he was close to signing with the New York Knicks as a free agent last summer. Rozier ended up signing a 3-year, $58 million deal with the Hornets.

The Knicks reportedly had interest in Rozier, according to league sources.

“It was probably one of my first options. I probably was going to make it happen. Other things happened and I ended up going to Charlotte. It was the interest they showed in me, that was big. The organization believed in me, why not.," said Rozier.

The Knicks, looking for short-term deals, did not want to match the third year of Rozier's deal.

Rozier is averaging 17 points and 4.9 assists on the season.

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Terry Rozier On Last FA: Knicks Were 'One Of My 30th First Options' BREAKING NEWS!! 

Post#2 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:08 am

Yeah, indeed.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#3 » by br7knicks » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:05 pm

So randle's third year, yes. Rozier, a PG and a position the Knicks needed, and his third year, no.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm

A career 38% shooter- the Knicks already have PG’s who can’t shoot in Payton and Smith Jr.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#5 » by gavran » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:40 pm

br7knicks wrote:So randle's third year, yes. Rozier, a PG and a position the Knicks needed, and his third year, no.

Well, They did not give Randle a third year, so there's that. Rozier has 3 guaranteed years, Randle 2 and a team option.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#6 » by br7knicks » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:50 pm

gavran wrote:
br7knicks wrote:So randle's third year, yes. Rozier, a PG and a position the Knicks needed, and his third year, no.

Well, They did not give Randle a third year, so there's that. Rozier has 3 guaranteed years, Randle 2 and a team option.

I thought rozier was on a similar contract to Randle.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#7 » by nedleeds » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Because the Knicks front office is one of 3 stupid enough to sign you to a 4 year deal. Looks like you located one of the other ones and now you aren't even the best point guard on your team.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#8 » by gavran » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:56 pm

nedleeds wrote:Because the Knicks front office is one of 3 stupid enough to sign you to a 4 year deal. Looks like you located one of the other ones and now you aren't even the best point guard on your team.

So is the fact that the Knicks were unwilling to guarantee his 3rd year gave you the impression they are stupid enough to give him a 4-year-deal? How does it work, I mean your logic?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#9 » by nedleeds » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:59 pm

gavran wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Because the Knicks front office is one of 3 stupid enough to sign you to a 4 year deal. Looks like you located one of the other ones and now you aren't even the best point guard on your team.

So is the fact that the Knicks were unwilling to guarantee his 3rd year gave you the impression they are stupid enough to give him a 4-year-deal? How does it work, I mean your logic?

They were on his first option list because they are one of 3 teams who've given out terrible 4 year deals. Please go google Tim Hardaway Junior for your answer. Thank god they didn't.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#10 » by cheese318 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:12 am

nedleeds wrote:
gavran wrote:

They were on his first option list because they are one of 3 teams who've given out terrible 4 year deals. Please go google Tim Hardaway Junior for your answer. Thank god they didn't.

But they didn’t this year. They had tons of cap to sign four years and didn’t. So your point is just kind of stupid imo
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion