Re: Dion Waiters To Seek Advice From Jim Boeheim, Work Out At Syracuse

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 179

Dion Waiters To Seek Advice From Jim Boeheim, Work Out At Syracuse 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:50 am

Dion Waiters said he is seeking advice from Jim Boeheim as he serves out his 10-game suspension with the Miami Heat.

“I just wanted to come up and talk to Coach. I know that’s a person who will always be there for me if I ever need anything. It’s a chance for me to come up, be around, talk to the coaches, things like that," said Waiters, who plans on working out with the Syracuse team.

Waiters added that he was in a good mental state. 

“I’m not going to lie to you, I’m in a great place. I can only control what I can control at the end of the day, so some things you just can’t allow to take your head the other way, some things happen for a reason. If you stay locked in, if you believe and trust in yourself, trust in the work you put in, you know, it’s a minor setback. It happens. It’s life. You learn from it. The only thing I can do is move forward. Stay focused. Stay even-keeled. Let everything else take care of itself.”

Via Donna Ditota/syracuse.com

Ettorefm
Head Coach
And1: 5,247

Post#2 » by Ettorefm » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Miami has a great culture, but 3x now they have believed that a guy's performance and attitude on a contract year is their new self.

James Johnson, Whiteside and Waiters. They played the game, got in shame, said all the right things, got their money. And then...

Waiters is a guy that needs a reality check constantly and a strong culture around him. Performance-based.
bagsboy wrote:For two hundred years Democrats stole the productive output of slaves and now they seek to enrich themselves with the productive output from the 'rich'. First, Republicans needed to end slavery and next they need to fix taxation with a flat fair tax.
J_T
Sixth Man
And1: 916

Post#3 » by J_T » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:28 pm

I’m not going to lie to you, I’m in a great place.

Seems like someone has been baking some cookies recently.
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 586

Post#4 » by gpoon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Is it just me or is "even keeled" the new buzz word everyone uses in interviews now
RajonRambo
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#5 » by RajonRambo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:36 pm

gpoon wrote:Is it just me or is "even keeled" the new buzz word everyone uses in interviews now

Brad Stevens: “I am a robot - hit singles - do not get too high or too low 01001011”
Billl
Starter
And1: 955

Post#6 » by Billl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

"I can only control what I can control at the end of the day"

Unlike, say something like the amount of edibles you eat before hopping on a plane. That's totally up to chance and out of your control.

Return to Wiretap Discussion