mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: 76ers Never Offered Jimmy Butler Full Five-Year Max Contract 

Post#21 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:24 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
DCRYsing89 wrote:[
He goes out there to win, that’s what we know,
Nothing wrong with that, unless you wanna be a little lazy. Would you be saying the same bout KOBE?

I get why you’d say that—Butler himself always says it—but the problem is Butler doesn’t actually work very hard, his effort is extremely inconsistent and he coasts for huge chunks of the game on both ends of the court. He’s not a guy like KG or Noah who competes intensely and throws his emotions into every minute of the game. I haven’t been in the locker room so don’t know but it really seems like he uses that ‘Why doesn’t everyone else want to win like I do?!’ stuff as an excuse to be prickly and bossy. Just seems like a difficult personality.

Name me ONE player who says he DOESN'T want to win.
Jimmy acts as if he's the ONLY one working hard, and everyone else is lazy. It doesn't help when you are supposed to be a "leader" and you call teammates "soft" in public. Loved JB on the court, but he was and still is a cancer in the locker room. Period.
I see another article about how the 76'ers have a good "chemistry" now. Much like the Wolves without Butler. As the saying goes, winning isn't everything. And having a good environment at the workplace helps you focus on winning. Not bitches calling you names in public and dividing the locker room.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#22 » by nikster » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:01 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
DCRYsing89 wrote:[
He goes out there to win, that’s what we know,
Nothing wrong with that, unless you wanna be a little lazy. Would you be saying the same bout KOBE?

I get why you’d say that—Butler himself always says it—but the problem is Butler doesn’t actually work very hard, his effort is extremely inconsistent and he coasts for huge chunks of the game on both ends of the court. He’s not a guy like KG or Noah who competes intensely and throws his emotions into every minute of the game. I haven’t been in the locker room so don’t know but it really seems like he uses that ‘Why doesn’t everyone else want to win like I do?!’ stuff as an excuse to be prickly and bossy. Just seems like a difficult personality.

Right. And name me ONE player who DOESN'T want to win. He's a hard worker for the most part, but if you don't work as hard as he does, he questions your effort. Calling teammates SOFT does not help, and it's not "leadership" quality. I loved him on the court, but he's a mess off of it.
His own mother kicked him out at 15. That's says a lot right there.

His dad abandoned him as an infant and his mom kicked a 13 year old out of her house telling him "I don't like the look of you". That's says more about them and how tough they made it on him. As much of problem he's been off the court it's disgusting that you use that as an insult on his character
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#23 » by puja21 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:15 pm

kuclas wrote:Every Tom dick and Harry knew this already. Anything less than fully guarantee max. Jimmy was leaving.

When u factor in Florida no state income tax. Miami 4 year max offer ends up being equivalent to sixers 4 year max (even with sixers slightly more money offer due to annual pay increase)

Same reason horford left Boston Boston wasn’t guaranteeing any 4th year money. Sixers guarantee another 12 million.

This is not quite correct

5y 190M = 38M/year
4y 141M = 35.25M/year

Even with the annual raises, Butler loses overall
Income tax in PA is 3.07% or 4.5M over the first 4 years
He makes an extra 1.1M in years 1 and 2 in Miami, but loses 2.5M in the last 2 years of the deal compared to Philly max.
So he's losing 1.4M overall, small percent but then again so is the tax break

(also not likely Butler makes up the 43M lost from year 5 in his new deal, but that's tougher to predict and quantify now)
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#24 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:47 pm

nikster wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:I get why you’d say that—Butler himself always says it—but the problem is Butler doesn’t actually work very hard, his effort is extremely inconsistent and he coasts for huge chunks of the game on both ends of the court. He’s not a guy like KG or Noah who competes intensely and throws his emotions into every minute of the game. I haven’t been in the locker room so don’t know but it really seems like he uses that ‘Why doesn’t everyone else want to win like I do?!’ stuff as an excuse to be prickly and bossy. Just seems like a difficult personality.

Right. And name me ONE player who DOESN'T want to win. He's a hard worker for the most part, but if you don't work as hard as he does, he questions your effort. Calling teammates SOFT does not help, and it's not "leadership" quality. I loved him on the court, but he's a mess off of it.

His dad abandoned him as an infant and his mom kicked a 13 year old out of her house telling him "I don't like the look of you". That's says more about them and how tough they made it on him. As much of problem he's been off the court it's disgusting that you use that as an insult on his character

Whatever dude. JB was running with some thugs and she had other kids to protect. When your Mama don't want you, you've f*ck up somewhere. But it's fine. He made it anyway. He still is a sh*t teammate, and person. And not a leader calling out teammates that he perceives don't want to win as much as him.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#25 » by GameBredAPBT » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:49 pm

The heat aren’t a “free agent destination”. There is no such thing as a “destination” lol. Some of the stuff you read on this website is absolutely bizarre. Miami had that one bewildering off season where they signed two great players. It made no sense then & still doesn’t. They’re an expansion team with no culture in a boring (and excruciatingly hot) city, in one of the lamest states in murica. There are asterisks next to the titles they won with James too. It doesn’t count if you don’t develop your star players yourself.

The one thing you can say about the Heat franchise is that they’re gritty blue collar & hard nosed, hard working. That’s likely why Butler signed there (although it still makes no sense). That and there’s no pressure there, as no one cares about sports in that area of Murica. Philly & Chicago are Philly & Chicago, man. Two titans of world class cultured cities & the pressure is enormous. Didn’t seem like he could take it. We all know he never wanted to leave Chicago, but he isn’t a Supermax #1 guy, and his boring style of play doesn’t put butts in seats.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#26 » by kuclas » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:03 pm

puja21 wrote:
kuclas wrote:Every Tom dick and Harry knew this already. Anything less than fully guarantee max. Jimmy was leaving.

When u factor in Florida no state income tax. Miami 4 year max offer ends up being equivalent to sixers 4 year max (even with sixers slightly more money offer due to annual pay increase)

Same reason horford left Boston Boston wasn’t guaranteeing any 4th year money. Sixers guarantee another 12 million.

This is not quite correct

5y 190M = 38M/year
4y 141M = 35.25M/year

Even with the annual raises, Butler loses overall
Income tax in PA is 3.07% or 4.5M over the first 4 years
He makes an extra 1.1M in years 1 and 2 in Miami, but loses 2.5M in the last 2 years of the deal compared to Philly max.
So he's losing 1.4M overall, small percent but then again so is the tax break

(also not likely Butler makes up the 43M lost from year 5 in his new deal, but that's tougher to predict and quantify now)

The sixers never offered 5/190. Fully guaranteed 5 years. That’s why jimmy bailed.

They offered some version of 4 year max/145 million or something not guaranteeing the 5th year.

So really it it’s Miami 4/142? Vs sixers 4/147? Offer.

The difference is minimal if comparing 4 years contracts. Plus the no state income taxes
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#27 » by nikster » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:07 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
nikster wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

Whatever dude. JB was running with some thugs and she had other kids to protect. When your Mama don't want you, you've f*ck up somewhere. But it's fine. He made it anyway. He still is a sh*t teammate, and person. And not a leader calling out teammates that he perceives don't want to win as much as him.

That's as low a comment I've seen on here. Blaming a 13 year old for being abandoned by his parents and acting like he deserved it
PocketRockets
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#28 » by PocketRockets » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:33 pm

the_process wrote:Two things: the Sixers had decided they weren’t keeping Jimmy when they traded for Tobias.

Second, let’s not pretend Jimmy’s agent didn’t call Elton with some preconditions of signing a max deal.

Also, give me a break with the Heat culture crap. You won rings with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. And pretty much every other year you are irrelevant. And the fake tanking outrage is way outdated. Dinosaur take. And speaking of dinosaurs, wasn’t Riley around when dinosaurs went extinct?

Wade, Harlem, shaq. When was the Last time 76ers won anything? AI to the finals? 76ers year was last year. This year they have probably the easier route to the finals but I’m not sure their offense will be good enough.

Return to Wiretap Discussion