Spencer Dinwiddie, Luka Doncic Named NBA's Players Of The Week

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Spencer Dinwiddie, Luka Doncic Named NBA's Players Of The Week 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Spencer Dinwiddie and Luka Doncic have been named the NBA's Players of the Week for Week 5 of the 19-20 season.

Dinwiddie averaged 25.3 points, 6.8 assists and 3.5 rebounds as the Brooklyn Nets went 3-1.

Doncic averaged 37.0 points, 11.8 assists and 8.5 rebounds as the Dallas Mavericks went 4-0.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Re: Spencer Dinwiddie, Luka Doncic Named NBA's Players Of The Week 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:51 am

LOL... The Nets were 4-7 when Kyrie went out and they've gone 5-1 in his absence. They are now over .500 and hold the 7th spot in the East.

To be fair, SAC is the best team they have beaten in that stretch... but still!
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#3 » by gigantes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:46 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:LOL... The Nets were 4-7 when Kyrie went out and they've gone 5-1 in his absence. They are now over .500 and hold the 7th spot in the East.

Kyrie was playing great though, before the shoulder impingement started throwing off his shot. He was passing well and playing ultra-efficiently, with usage similar to DLo from last season.

The big difference is that the bench started out horridly (particularly DWid), and now they're beginning to turn that around (particularly D-Wid). Also, J-Allen looked borderline lost and incredibly nervous the first few games, and he's started to settle in and show some real improvement, lately.

I know loads of people want to rag on Kyrie for anything and everything, but there's a lot of new faces this year, and it made sense the Nets were going to start slowly this season. They're still figuring things out, frankly.
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Post#4 » by Rashidi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:27 pm

gigantes wrote:The big difference is that the bench started out horridly (particularly DWid), and now they're beginning to turn that around (particularly D-Wid). Also, J-Allen looked borderline lost and incredibly nervous the first few games, and he's started to settle in and show some real improvement, lately.

A lot of that falls on Kyrie though. He's the quarterback.

Allen is averaging 16/13 on 76% shooting in the 6 games Kyrie missed.
He averaged 9/9 on 62% shooting in the 11 games Kyrie played.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#5 » by gigantes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Rashidi wrote:
gigantes wrote:The big difference is that the bench started out horridly (particularly DWid), and now they're beginning to turn that around (particularly D-Wid). Also, J-Allen looked borderline lost and incredibly nervous the first few games, and he's started to settle in and show some real improvement, lately.

A lot of that falls on Kyrie though. He's the quarterback.

Allen is averaging 16/13 on 76% shooting in the 6 games Kyrie missed.
He averaged 9/9 on 62% shooting in the 11 games Kyrie played.

Like I say, Allen started horribly, and has been making steady progress throughout the season. He's still very young, and this kind of thing is not unsurprising.

On offense, he's a dunks & lobs guy with few (if any) plays drawn up for him. But the key is his overall play, where he's rebounding better, showing more mobility, and blocking more shots lately. Very little of that is down to playing with any particular guard. In fact, due to injuries, his PT has been scattered amongst FOUR different lead guards across the season, i.e. Irving, LeVert, DWid & Pinson.

There's simply no good reason to relate Allen's seasonal arc to any one guard, much less Irving. If you've watched the actual games, you would know this.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:16 pm

gigantes wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:LOL... The Nets were 4-7 when Kyrie went out and they've gone 5-1 in his absence. They are now over .500 and hold the 7th spot in the East.

Kyrie was playing great though, before the shoulder impingement started throwing off his shot. He was passing well and playing ultra-efficiently, with usage similar to DLo from last season.

The big difference is that the bench started out horridly (particularly DWid), and now they're beginning to turn that around (particularly D-Wid). Also, J-Allen looked borderline lost and incredibly nervous the first few games, and he's started to settle in and show some real improvement, lately.

I know loads of people want to rag on Kyrie for anything and everything, but there's a lot of new faces this year, and it made sense the Nets were going to start slowly this season. They're still figuring things out, frankly.

I think the biggest difference with the bench since Kyrie went out is that the bench no longer has Kyrie between them and their touches. They can now play their game instead of trying to support Kyrie's game. But you also heard me mention their soft schedule during this run. It's certainly not all about Kyrie... but it is partially about Kyrie. If he was 20$ more about setting up his teammates he could be 1st team all NBA. He is the best player suiting up in BRK, and yet there is a reason why his teammates look better when he's not on the floor. There is a reason the holdovers in BOS look lights out better this year and when Kyrie was injured two seasons ago. He get's distracted by the bright lights; it becomes all about him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:26 pm

And we would have beaten these teams with Kyrie because they all suck and SAC was missing multiple players.

Your narrative is weak and tired.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
gigantes wrote:

I think the biggest difference with the bench since Kyrie went out is that the bench no longer has Kyrie between them and their touches. They can now play their game instead of trying to support Kyrie's game. But you also heard me mention their soft schedule during this run. It's certainly not all about Kyrie... but it is partially about Kyrie. If he was 20$ more about setting up his teammates he could be 1st team all NBA. He is the best player suiting up in BRK, and yet there is a reason why his teammates look better when he's not on the floor. There is a reason the holdovers in BOS look lights out better this year and when Kyrie was injured two seasons ago. He get's distracted by the bright lights; it becomes all about him.

You literally don't know what the hell you're talking about. When Spencer Dinwiddie goes to the bench the Nets offense goes to hell. The Nets offense went from a top 7 offense to 18th since Irving and LeVert went out.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:28 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

And we would have beaten these teams with Kyrie because they all suck and SAC was missing multiple players.

Your narrative is weak and tired.

By "we" you obviously are referring to "they". Don't get too invested in "your" team when reading these boards. Keep a level head. I know they just played a string of crappy teams and I said as much. That doesn't make it not funny!

MrDollarBills wrote:You literally don't know what the hell you're talking about. When Spencer Dinwiddie goes to the bench the Nets offense goes to hell. The Nets offense went from a top 7 offense to 18th since Irving and LeVert went out.

You literally just used the word "literally" incorrectly. Stop it, it's annoying.

To be clear, I know exactly what I'm talking about. You may not know what I'm talking about or you may just disagree. That's fair. But you're telling me the Nets lost two of their top 3 scorers and their offense went down accordingly? Yeah, no chit... but that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I am not anti Kyrie or BRK so you should probably read a little closer and get back to me with anything you need clarified. :D

Return to Wiretap Discussion