Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week

Moderators: bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 66,336
And1: 178
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 2, 2019 9:50 pm

Carmelo Anthony and Giannis Antetokounmpo have been named the NBA's Players of the Week.


Antetokounmpo averaged 34.8 points, 11.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists as the Milwaukee Bucks went 4-0.


Anthony averaged 22.3 points and 7.7 rebounds as the Portland Trail Blazers went 3-0.

Via RealGM Staff Report

scrabbarista
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,143
And1: 3,228
Joined: May 31, 2015

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#2 » by scrabbarista » Mon Dec 2, 2019 10:14 pm

Anthony 22/8/3 3-0 against teams that are a combined 20-44

Harden 42/6/8 2-1 against teams that are a combined 29-26

Interesting choice, NBA, interesting choice.

That extra win against Chicago was really worth 60 points scored (over three games), huh.
Rollie
Sophomore
Posts: 240
And1: 29
Joined: Apr 24, 2013

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#3 » by Rollie » Mon Dec 2, 2019 10:20 pm

scrabbarista wrote:Anthony 22/8/3 3-0 against teams that are a combined 20-44

Harden 42/6/8 2-1 against teams that are a combined 29-26

Interesting choice, NBA, interesting choice.

That extra win against Chicago was really worth 60 points scored (over three games), huh.


Probably because Houston lost. There were quite a few players in the west that had better numbers than Melo.
scrabbarista
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,143
And1: 3,228
Joined: May 31, 2015

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#4 » by scrabbarista » Mon Dec 2, 2019 10:23 pm

Rollie wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:Anthony 22/8/3 3-0 against teams that are a combined 20-44

Harden 42/6/8 2-1 against teams that are a combined 29-26

Interesting choice, NBA, interesting choice.

That extra win against Chicago was really worth 60 points scored (over three games), huh.


Probably because Houston lost. There were quite a few players in the west that had better numbers than Melo.


Actually, Marc Stein said the Rockets only played two games.

So Harden averaged 47/5/7 and went 2-0.

He averaged 25 MORE points than Melo. He more than doubled Melo's scoring average AND went undefeated, but because Melo played an extra game against the Bulls, this is fair? :noway:
Rollie
Sophomore
Posts: 240
And1: 29
Joined: Apr 24, 2013

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#5 » by Rollie » Mon Dec 2, 2019 10:36 pm

scrabbarista wrote:
Rollie wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:Anthony 22/8/3 3-0 against teams that are a combined 20-44

Harden 42/6/8 2-1 against teams that are a combined 29-26

Interesting choice, NBA, interesting choice.

That extra win against Chicago was really worth 60 points scored (over three games), huh.


Probably because Houston lost. There were quite a few players in the west that had better numbers than Melo.


Actually, Marc Stein said the Rockets only played two games.

So Harden averaged 47/5/7 and went 2-0.

He averaged [b}25 MORE[/b] points than Melo. He more than doubled Melo's scoring average AND went undefeated, but because Melo played an extra game against the Bulls, this is fair? :noway:


I don't know. I thought they counted Sunday's game against the Mavs.
Ryan91729
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 17
Joined: Apr 25, 2016

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#6 » by Ryan91729 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 11:15 pm

So Carmelo played better than Luka/Lebron/Davis/Lillard/Harden/Jokic this week? Lololol
User avatar
artsncrafts
RealGM
Posts: 20,217
And1: 23,433
Joined: Feb 04, 2013
Location: Shambleland, Ont.
 

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#7 » by artsncrafts » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:26 am

The NBA really likes a good story...
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Pickled Prunes
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,232
And1: 585
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:07 am

Rollie wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:
Rollie wrote:
Probably because Houston lost. There were quite a few players in the west that had better numbers than Melo.


Actually, Marc Stein said the Rockets only played two games.

So Harden averaged 47/5/7 and went 2-0.

He averaged [b}25 MORE[/b] points than Melo. He more than doubled Melo's scoring average AND went undefeated, but because Melo played an extra game against the Bulls, this is fair? :noway:


I don't know. I thought they counted Sunday's game against the Mavs.

The hate in here is real!

Last week Spencer Dinwiddie won PotW and not one person was in here complaining. If it was about who the best player is then Giannis would win it almost every week and Lebron would have about 400 PotW awards. Harden already won it two times this season. It's an honorable mention... and Melo had a week worth mentioning. Try and be happy for the guy.
User avatar
NoStatsGuy
Starter
Posts: 2,160
And1: 658
Joined: Feb 14, 2010
Location: Germany
 

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#9 » by NoStatsGuy » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:20 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Rollie wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:
Actually, Marc Stein said the Rockets only played two games.

So Harden averaged 47/5/7 and went 2-0.

He averaged [b}25 MORE[/b] points than Melo. He more than doubled Melo's scoring average AND went undefeated, but because Melo played an extra game against the Bulls, this is fair? :noway:


I don't know. I thought they counted Sunday's game against the Mavs.

The hate in here is real!

Last week Spencer Dinwiddie won PotW and not one person was in here complaining. If it was about who the best player is then Giannis would win it almost every week and Lebron would have about 400 PotW awards. Harden already won it two times this season. It's an honorable mention... and Melo had a week worth mentioning. Try and be happy for the guy.


Preach brother.... haters gonna hate.. these people are mad as hell because they were spouting bad things bout melo and only wish failure on him so they can be right... LMAO PATHETIC

Go melo, prove em wrong
im bout dat action boss
Rollie
Sophomore
Posts: 240
And1: 29
Joined: Apr 24, 2013

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#10 » by Rollie » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:05 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Rollie wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:
Actually, Marc Stein said the Rockets only played two games.

So Harden averaged 47/5/7 and went 2-0.

He averaged [b}25 MORE[/b] points than Melo. He more than doubled Melo's scoring average AND went undefeated, but because Melo played an extra game against the Bulls, this is fair? :noway:


I don't know. I thought they counted Sunday's game against the Mavs.

The hate in here is real!

Last week Spencer Dinwiddie won PotW and not one person was in here complaining. If it was about who the best player is then Giannis would win it almost every week and Lebron would have about 400 PotW awards. Harden already won it two times this season. It's an honorable mention... and Melo had a week worth mentioning. Try and be happy for the guy.


Exactly.
alienpick
Rookie
Posts: 1,081
And1: 246
Joined: Apr 10, 2013
 

Re: Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo Named NBA Players Of The Week 

Post#11 » by alienpick » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:39 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Rollie wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:
Actually, Marc Stein said the Rockets only played two games.

So Harden averaged 47/5/7 and went 2-0.

He averaged [b}25 MORE[/b] points than Melo. He more than doubled Melo's scoring average AND went undefeated, but because Melo played an extra game against the Bulls, this is fair? :noway:


I don't know. I thought they counted Sunday's game against the Mavs.

The hate in here is real!

Last week Spencer Dinwiddie won PotW and not one person was in here complaining. If it was about who the best player is then Giannis would win it almost every week and Lebron would have about 400 PotW awards. Harden already won it two times this season. It's an honorable mention... and Melo had a week worth mentioning. Try and be happy for the guy.


Excactly! It's PotW not league MVP. Give the guy a break.

Return to Wiretap Discussion