Pau Gasol To Join Blazers Coaching Staff As Assistant

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pau Gasol To Join Blazers Coaching Staff As Assistant 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 5, 2019 4:35 am

Pau Gasol will join the Portland Trail Blazers coaching staff as an assistant.

The Blazers waived Gasol on November 20th.

Gasol, who has not announced his retirement, will take an "active role" for the Blazers.

Via NBA.com

d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Pau Gasol To Join Blazers Coaching Staff As Assistant 

Post#2 » by d-train » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:46 am

Are the Blazers, a luxury tax team, stuck paying his salary+tax when he never even suits up?
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,088

Post#3 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu Dec 5, 2019 2:16 pm

d-train wrote:Are the Blazers, a luxury tax team, stuck paying his salary+tax when he never even suits up?

he had a non guarantee on his deal if he re-injured his bad leg, so i dont believe so. Portland has signed melo, given pau a job, given whiteside a second chance, all in the span of a few months, they are building organizational clout. They have two of the coolest guys in the NBA in CJ and lillard, and a medium sized market. Watch out for portland when it comes time to trade for the next disgruntled star who wants to hold their team hostage.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#4 » by d-train » Thu Dec 5, 2019 8:13 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:
d-train wrote:Are the Blazers, a luxury tax team, stuck paying his salary+tax when he never even suits up?

he had a non guarantee on his deal if he re-injured his bad leg, so i dont believe so. Portland has signed melo, given pau a job, given whiteside a second chance, all in the span of a few months, they are building organizational clout. They have two of the coolest guys in the NBA in CJ and lillard, and a medium sized market. Watch out for portland when it comes time to trade for the next disgruntled star who wants to hold their team hostage.

It's news to me that the deal was non guaranteed. I thought it was a guaranteed VME contract.

Return to Wiretap Discussion