Steve Mills Unlikely To Remain As President Of Knicks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Steve Mills Unlikely To Remain As President Of Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 7, 2019 4:42 pm

The New York Knicks plan on either reassigning Steve Mills or parting ways with him, according to sources that spoke with Frank Isola of The Athletic. The Knicks have interest in hiring Masai Ujiri. 

Mills was promoted to run the Knicks following the dismissal of Phil Jackson in 2017.

The Knicks fired David Fizdale on Friday as they have started the season poorly.

"Those losses go on Fizdale’s permanent record but the failed Fizdale experiment belongs to Steve Mills, whose days as a Teflon executive under Dolan are about to end," wrote Isola.

Via Frank Isola/The Athletic

Stanimal
Freshman
And1: 30

Re: Steve Mills Unlikely To Remain As President Of Knicks 

Post#2 » by Stanimal » Sat Dec 7, 2019 5:03 pm

Masai will accept their offer if his salary is going to be $100,000,000
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,663

Post#3 » by nedleeds » Sat Dec 7, 2019 5:38 pm

But he hired isiah? Signed Timmy and Ron?
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Knicks7Tape
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#4 » by Knicks7Tape » Sat Dec 7, 2019 5:41 pm

[quote] reassigning Steve Mills[/quote]

Give me a break
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#5 » by br7knicks » Sat Dec 7, 2019 7:41 pm

well, 1 down, 3 to go.

this is great news. hopefully after mills, perry won't be far behind, and dolan will sell
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#6 » by Oncloud9 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 8:19 pm

The Media have reported Knick interest with every big name player and executive since they last won the chip and they are 0-FOR. The media has tried to build up the Garden as something special when it is really just another arena in a cold snowy climate. The Knicks are NY in a way Brooklyn can never be and the media need a winning Knick team to realize the revenue potential in that market.

Masai doesn't need the Knicks any more than he needed the Wizards. He can hob knob with any of the real power brokers for his GOA project through his friendship with Obama. He has family connections and roots in Toronto. The people connecting Masai to the Knicks miss a very key detail: Masai is an outsider driven to beating the NBA elite franchises - not join them, Creating a dynasty in Toronto would change the broadcast and marketing to a more global perspective, generate revenue and build the NBA in ways resurrecting the Knicks never could.

The draft pick and player compensation would be so steep that Masai would be scuttling any realistic chance of building a winner in a time frame that wouldn't get him run out of town.

Masai to the Knick .......BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#7 » by the13thjoker » Sat Dec 7, 2019 10:06 pm

Good - if he's the guy who's been "laying the framework" to get Fizdale fired, I'll be glad to see him booted too.
bockingknickers
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#8 » by bockingknickers » Sat Dec 7, 2019 10:12 pm

Finally, thought I’d never see the day.
BulletToothTony
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#9 » by BulletToothTony » Sat Dec 7, 2019 10:25 pm

I won't believe it until I see it. We still need Dolan to go away though.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#10 » by cheese318 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 12:30 am

As a New York Mets fan I always dreamed of the Wilponzi’s selling the team. I also always thought that was a wish that would never come true and they would never let go of the franchise. Finally my dream came true less then a week ago. I really think it’s time Dolan sells and let’s this organization go in the right direction. For as much as he can be a good owner which is true as he is never shy to spend money for either team he owns he has caused so much turmoil and mistakes. Meddling in the Carmelo trade was the worst decision he ever did. Our team would have been historically been better if he just never got involved
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion