RealGM
And1: 22,532

Re: NBA Denies Rockets' Protest But Disciplines All Three Referees 

Post#21 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:50 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Yeah, but two things went on.
1, they had 7 plus minutes in the game, had an opportunity to challenge it, yet didn't.
2, they BLEW a 15 point lead.

I ask you this, if this was some low level team (no names need to be mentioned) do you think the commish would react the same. Don't answer, it was a rhetorical question to which the answer is F no.

When was the last time you heard a team cry foul and want to play the last 7 minutes over? They had plenty of time to win the game, and the fact that they even got the NBA to discipline the refs is downright disgusting.

This is a reason that fans are tuning out the NBA. I for one don't watch 1/4 of what I used to.
Again, where's the discipline for the travel on LBJ's OBVIOUS travel call?
(Wish I had skills to show the clip. )

1. They did challenge it and the refs incorrectly said they could not challenge it. This is a procedural failure as the refs incorrectly told the rockets they could not challenge when they had the right to do so.
2. Game is 48 minutes, the winner is the team who scores the most, doesn't matter when the points are scored, which again is the point of what I'm saying. The nba is saying that when you score matters with this decision which goes against the integrity of the sport and the message the league should be sending, especially given fans already have a habit of only tuning into games in the 4th quarter.

To your question, yes, yes he would.

As for lebron, I already went over why they're different. One is a failure to follow company policy, the other isn't. Completely and utterly different.

They had 30 seconds to challenge it, and the time had pasted.
But either way, the NBA seems to have different rules for crying ass stars. That's all.

When has ANY ref been disciplined for ANYTHING? Why start now?

The nba just said they called it within time and that's why the refs are getting punished...

The ball was dunked with such force that, as it cleared the net, the ball was propelled around the basket and upward, creating an initial appearance that it was not a successful field goal. Houston then called a timeout, and the officiating crew conferenced to discuss the play.

After deliberation, the crew informed the Houston coaching staff that a basket interference violation had been called on Harden, and Houston asked for a Coach’s Challenge. This request was denied by the officials because more than 30 seconds had elapsed from the start of the timeout. But the 30-second time limit for Coach’s Challenges only applies when the challenge arises during a mandatory timeout or a timeout called by the opposing team. Because Houston called the timeout in this case, it was entitled to challenge the basket interference call upon being informed of it by the game officials.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Re: NBA Denies Rockets' Protest But Disciplines All Three Referees 

Post#22 » by Def Leppard » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:29 pm

I thought the refs did not work for the nba directly

Sent from my BBE100-5 using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"

Return to Wiretap Discussion