James Harden After 54 Point Performance: 'Whatever It Takes' To Win

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

James Harden After 54 Point Performance: 'Whatever It Takes' To Win 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:17 am

James Harden scored 54 points while shooting 10-of-15 from 3 in the Houston Rockets' 130-107 win over the Orlando Magic.

Harden's 10 3s tied a team record that he set the previous night. 

"I just want to win. Whatever it takes," said Harden after the game.

The Rockets shot a combined 22-of-39 from 3. 

Evan Fournier added that there was little the Magic could do when Harden is on. 

"He's the MVP for a reason. We talked about in pregame that he'll take shots, and we'll just live with the results. He did not miss tonight, period."

Via ESPN

Air Apparent
Rookie
And1: 1,239

Re: James Harden After 54 Point Performance: 'Whatever It Takes' To Win 

Post#2 » by Air Apparent » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:54 am

if it takes 50 from a player for the rockets to beat the MAGIC, they are definitely not winning a championship lmao
basketball is a team sport
TravmacDaddy
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by TravmacDaddy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:14 pm

They won by 23, I'm sure he was just showing off in the 4th quarter.
michuk
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by michuk » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Air Apparent wrote:if it takes 50 from a player for the rockets to beat the MAGIC, they are definitely not winning a championship lmao

The Magic are actually quite good, especially on defence.
And Rockets beat them by 23.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#5 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:16 pm

They need to create a superhero called "Captain Regular-Season". Harden and Kershaw can battle it out for who gets to wear the cape.

I'm sorry....it's nothing against Harden. He's a fine player, seems like a good guy. But he just jacks up shots, and plays no defense. It's why he goes home early every May. All his stats are just 'blah blah blah' at this point. It's why the coach is on the hot-seat. This was fun to watch for a while....but once the audience has figured out it ends the same everytime....it stops being worth watching.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#6 » by tigerae » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:54 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:They need to create a superhero called "Captain Regular-Season". Harden and Kershaw can battle it out for who gets to wear the cape.

I'm sorry....it's nothing against Harden. He's a fine player, seems like a good guy. But he just jacks up shots, and plays no defense. It's why he goes home early every May. All his stats are just 'blah blah blah' at this point. It's why the coach is on the hot-seat. This was fun to watch for a while....but once the audience has figured out it ends the same everytime....it stops being worth watching.
I don't think it is just Harden that should get the blame here. D'Antoni should get just as much blame. They had the Warriors against the ropes a couple times but his lack of making adjustments from game to game, quarter to quarter in the playoffs cost them dearly. This was always his problem since back with the Suns.

The great teams make adjustments in the playoffs and Harden will no longer be able to do what he's doing now. The referees will also call games differently, so the calls he's getting now when he's creating the contact he won't get nearly as much come playoff time and rightfully so, those are not fouls.

Who cares if you win MVPs and 60+ games season after season when at the end of the day you have no rings?
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#7 » by hyberx » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:39 pm

"I just want to win. Whatever it takes," unless it involves playing defense, then it's another story. :roll:
pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Post#8 » by pogiro » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Sure, winning. :lol:

I'm sure winning was why he was still in the game with 49 points, with his team up 21 points and playing against the end of the Magic bench with 4 minutes left to go. He needed those 5 more points to make sure Wes Iwundu, Melvin Frazier Jr, Amile Jefferson, MCW, and Khem Birch didn't rally back. /s
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#9 » by cdubbz » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:16 am

James Harden is the biggest clown in the NBA
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Chaos_vx
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Chaos_vx » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:30 pm

pogiro wrote:Sure, winning. :lol:

I'm sure winning was why he was still in the game with 49 points, with his team up 21 points and playing against the end of the Magic bench with 4 minutes left to go. He needed those 5 more points to make sure Wes Iwundu, Melvin Frazier Jr, Amile Jefferson, MCW, and Khem Birch didn't rally back. /s

Bruh don't you know they are future hall of famers just super underrated. they are good enough to start on any team and if it wasn't for james harden playing and scoring those extra 5 points and blinding them with that magnificent beard the rockets could have lost that. Super close game against two super talented teams with multiple all-nba caliber players. Harden for MVP + Best shooter all time bro. How many guys you know that can put up 50 points on 11-37 fg and 24-24 ft shooting. thats right noone.

Return to Wiretap Discussion