Gavin Newsom Approves Fast-Tracking Clippers' Inglewood Arena

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Gavin Newsom Approves Fast-Tracking Clippers' Inglewood Arena 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Gavin Newsom has approved fast-tracking the billion-dollar arena complex the Los Angeles Clippers want to build in Inglewood.

Newsom certified the project under legislation to shield the project from extended environmental litigation.

“Receiving the state’s certification is just more evidence that this project will be by far one of the most environmentally friendly and energy efficient sports venues in the country,” said Chris Meany, the developer and project manager for the arena.

The Madison Square Garden Co. owns the Forum less than two miles away and pledged to continue its fight against the project.

Several environmental and community groups and residents submitted letters opposing the project being fast-tracked.

The Clippers hope to start arena construction by July 2021.

Via Nathan Fenno/Los Angeles Times

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Re: Gavin Newsom Approves Fast-Tracking Clippers' Inglewood Arena 

Post#2 » by the_process » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Wonder how much Ballmer agreed to give Newsome to get that approved. :lol:
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#3 » by BillTheGOAT » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:57 pm

the_process wrote:Wonder how much Ballmer agreed to give Newsome to get that approved. :lol:
Not going to be an advocate for a douchebag billionaire like Ballmer. But the other billionaire douchebag Dolan is the reason this is taking so long.

These guys could certainly bribe their way through stuff like this but who cares?

Clippers deserve their own arena.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#4 » by the_process » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:34 am

BillTheGOAT wrote:
the_process wrote:Wonder how much Ballmer agreed to give Newsome to get that approved. :lol:
Not going to be an advocate for a douchebag billionaire like Ballmer. But the other billionaire douchebag Dolan is the reason this is taking so long.

These guys could certainly bribe their way through stuff like this but who cares?

I agree the Clips should have their own arena. But I don't think it should be only 2 miles down the street.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#5 » by BillTheGOAT » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 pm

the_process wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:

I agree the Clips should have their own arena. But I don't think it should be only 2 miles down the street.
The Forum is empty though, who's playing there, Rihanna?
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#6 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:34 pm

What was the governor's reasoning for doing so?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Wiretap Discussion