Kevin Love Has Verbal Outburst Towards Koby Altman After Shootaround

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Love Has Verbal Outburst Towards Koby Altman After Shootaround 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jan 5, 2020 2:06 am

Kevin Love had an "emotional verbal outburst" towards Koby Altman about the state of the Cleveland Cavaliers following a Saturday shootaround, sources told Shams Charania and Joe Vardon of The Athletic.

Love reportedly screamed in front of coaches, teammates, and front office members that there is "no feel here."

Love was recently fined $1000 by the organization for an outburst on the bench. Love is said to have been upset by how selfishly the first-unit had been playing.

Love and Altman also reportedly clashed at the end of last season. After Altman threatened to fine Love, Love reportedly responded “Go ahead. I have plenty of money.”

Love has yet to publicly demand a trade, though he would prefer to join a contender. 

Via Shams Charania & Joe Vardon/The Athletic

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Re: Kevin Love Has Verbal Outburst Towards Koby Altman After Shootaround 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jan 5, 2020 2:42 am

Good... I'd like to see this guy on another team.... Almost any other team!
joeschmo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#3 » by joeschmo » Sun Jan 5, 2020 2:48 am

Love to Miami for Winslow, Leonard, and waiters. He would be productive off the bench.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#4 » by TheBoi10 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 2:59 am

He took the money and decided to stay, Hold the Ls while you count your $
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#5 » by Oncloud9 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 3:02 am

joeschmo wrote:Love to Miami for Winslow, Leonard, and waiters. He would be productive off the bench.

Not going to happen. Cavs can get so much more without having to take back Waiters. If Miami wants the Cavs to take Waiters they'll have to send Herro and Winslow.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#6 » by Cassius » Sun Jan 5, 2020 3:17 am

Phoenix really could have used him before all of the injuries hit. If the Pacers ever decided to move on from Sabonis, Love would fit in perfectly in their offense, especially once Oladipo comes back. The Cavs would probably have to attach some nice assets to pull off that deal, though.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Double Bubble
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#7 » by Double Bubble » Sun Jan 5, 2020 3:21 am

Lol what exactly did he expect to happen when he resigned with them?

What a clown he chose a rebuild situation now he’s whining like a little bit**
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#8 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 4:11 am

Cassius wrote:Phoenix really could have used him before all of the injuries hit. If the Pacers ever decided to move on from Sabonis, Love would fit in perfectly in their offense, especially once Oladipo comes back. The Cavs would probably have to attach some nice assets to pull off that deal, though.

Cavs won't be giving out assests to offload love that would be dumb.. They have no need to do that.. They want something in return..
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#9 » by Elnegron » Sun Jan 5, 2020 6:08 am

Oncloud9 wrote:
joeschmo wrote:Love to Miami for Winslow, Leonard, and waiters. He would be productive off the bench.

Not going to happen. Cavs can get so much more without having to take back Waiters. If Miami wants the Cavs to take Waiters they'll have to send Herro and Winslow.

Lmao gtfoh. Herron will only be included in giannis if they don't want to wait for 2021 and bucks call. Kevin love at best can get u a late 1st round for a desperate team like blazers. His contract, age, defense and injury history Is a plus negative. Cavs fans are very delusional
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#10 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 6:44 am

Elnegron wrote:
Oncloud9 wrote:

Lmao gtfoh. Herron will only be included in giannis if they don't want to wait for 2021 and bucks call. Kevin love at best can get u a late 1st round for a desperate team like blazers. His contract, age, defense and injury history Is a plus negative. Cavs fans are very delusional

Talk about delusional lmao
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
DCRYsing89
Starter
And1: 718

Post#11 » by DCRYsing89 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 9:30 am

TroyD92 wrote:
Elnegron wrote:
Oncloud9 wrote:

First I think heat would have Herro avaialable in any talk for legit allstars,
For example, Herro as a peice in a Dame deal...

But the Cavs sure as hell ain’t getting Herro and Winslow for KLove,
I doubt even Herro would be included,
Cavs constantly losing bargaining ability, especially with these outbursts,
If Miami picks up the phone says “Winslow, DJJ, Waiters for Love”
The Cavs I think take it Winslow and DJJ are peices for the future, and better than any team bar like Portland would offer.
After your first, you change, you mature, you dont just jump into things.

After getting dunked on for the first time, life becomes complex.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,639

Post#12 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 5, 2020 9:54 am

Anyone see the clips of Love on the court last night? Oh boy.
Free Palestine
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#13 » by freestyler34 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 11:29 am

If anybody watch Sexton play they will know what Love is trying to say :lol:
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#14 » by Sam195 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 3:46 pm

I'm confused last I checked Lamarcus Aldridge is a better two way player than Love despite being like two years older. Aldridge after Spurs made his option for next season fully guaranteed has less than 2 years $50M left on his contract. If I'm correct Kevin Love's 4 year $120M extension doesn't even kick in till next season covering ages 32-36. Love despite being productive seems to have a deal similar to the Chris Paul contract in which he is both overpaid and projected to decline both athletically and production wise going forward. Honestly the only way I see Cavs getting anything of value for him say a first round pick is if they are willing to eat some bad contracts from other teams that have less term on them. And no offense but I feel like Love is a very emotionally sensitive player and if he is dealt to the wrong destination and playing for the wrong coach his production could further worsen and make his contract even more burdensome for his next team to flip. Think Raymond Felton in Portland, IT4 in Cleveland/Lakers, Jermaine O'Neal on Raptors and Serge Ibaka on Magic type situations. All those teams gave up assets to trade for players only to see them have bad seasons and leave for nothing in free agency or be flipped in another trade for less return than they were acquired for.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#15 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 5, 2020 4:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Anyone see the clips of Love on the court last night? Oh boy.

Saw him walking into a possession 4 seconds after everyone else, strolling in. Then supposedly pissed at Sexton for waiting and dribbling. I guess as soon as he finally got himself into position he expected an instant pass because he had leverage over Paul in the post. What a sad player he is right now. Would you pass it to him when he's playing like this?

His fault for signing the huge extension having zero plans to stick it out. If he wants the ball, get the rebound and keep it. Show them the Allstar Love. Not the pouting Kevin.

If I was Cleveland I would progress with talks with his agent to buy out his remainder for two dollars. If they don't like it, report to the court on Monday. I have no idea why so many people side with Love on this. Do they not understand this is what is wrong with the NBA, players taking all the money but still demanding where they want to be and flip flopping year to year. How easy does anyone suppose it is for Cleveland to trade someone like him, with his current deal, and acting like this? Why should they have to attach picks or assets to him just to help him leave?
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#16 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 5, 2020 4:55 pm

Double Bubble wrote:Lol what exactly did he expect to happen when he resigned with them?

What a clown he chose a rebuild situation now he’s whining like a little bit**

Yeah, he never intended to stay. He just wanted the money and then to get out.

I read someone compare him to Jimmy Butler's force out, but Jimmy never signed an extension with Minnesota. He was traded there, had one year left, and Jimmy chose to not extent with them. He just wasn't prepared to stay for a final season so he pulled his tantrum. At least he didn't take the extension and then throw a tantrum to get out.

Thing is. This is more similar to what Kevin Love did with Minnesota. He signed a four year deal and immediately started trying to force his way out. He claimed it was because Minnesota wouldn't offer him a 5 year at the time. Whatever, he would have forced out all the same. Players need to stop signing with no intention of playing it out.
WuriderX
Junior
And1: 403

Post#17 » by WuriderX » Sun Jan 5, 2020 5:54 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:He took the money and decided to stay, Hold the Ls while you count your $

BINGO---these guys kill me when they take the money knowing what the situation is/will be. He got his money and wants to be traded to a contender.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#18 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 5, 2020 6:00 pm

his frustrations are not with Sexton... they are with the Coach and the orgs handling of him punching a chair
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#19 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 5, 2020 6:17 pm

his frustrations are not with Sexton... they are with the Coach and the orgs handling of him punching a chair
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#20 » by Oncloud9 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 6:26 pm

DCRYsing89 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
Elnegron wrote:Lmao gtfoh. Herron will only be included in giannis if they don't want to wait for 2021 and bucks call. Kevin love at best can get u a late 1st round for a desperate team like blazers. His contract, age, defense and injury history Is a plus negative. Cavs fans are very delusional

First I think heat would have Herro avaialable in any talk for legit allstars,
For example, Herro as a peice in a Dame deal...

But the Cavs sure as hell ain’t getting Herro and Winslow for KLove,
I doubt even Herro would be included,
Cavs constantly losing bargaining ability, especially with these outbursts,
If Miami picks up the phone says “Winslow, DJJ, Waiters for Love”
The Cavs I think take it Winslow and DJJ are peices for the future, and better than any team bar like Portland would offer.

You all misread my post. I was referring to what it would take for the Cavs to take back Waiters, not that Miami would or should give up Herro. I wouldn't give up Herro for Love straight up. Olynyk and Winslow is the start of something to talk about ..... Waiters NO!!!

Love resigned with the Cavs because it was mutually beneficial to the both parties: Love got more years than he'd get offered elsewhere and Cavs retain the asset value. Both parties went in knowing it wasn't a long term marriage and the outbursts are just part of the dance now that the trade season is upon us.

Return to Wiretap Discussion