Warriors Not Interested In D'Angelo Russell For Aaron Gordon Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors Not Interested In D'Angelo Russell For Aaron Gordon Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:58 pm

The Golden State Warriors are "unlikely" to trade D'Angelo Russell before the February trade deadline, according to a source that spoke with Sam Amick of The Athletic

Another source offered a hard "no" when asked about the Warriors' interest in a trade of Russell to the Orlando Magic for Aaron Gordon.

Russell is averaging 23.2 points, six assists and 3.4 rebounds for the Warriors.

Gordon signed a four-year, $76 million deal in 2018 but has regressed this season. Gordon is also a native of the San Francisco Bay Area.

“There is chatter coming from Orlando,” one executive said this week.

Via Sam Amick/The Athletic

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Re: Warriors Not Interested In D'Angelo Russell For Aaron Gordon Trade 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:43 am

I think it's interesting when writers mention where a player grew up while writing about trade speculation. First off, the player is under contract; his connection to the trade destination is irrelevant. Second, when you've traveled as extensively as these players have you inevitably discover that where you grew up ain't that special.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Warriors Not Interested In D'Angelo Russell For Aaron Gordon Trade 

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:47 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:I think it's interesting when writers mention where a player grew up while writing about trade speculation. First off, the player is under contract; his connection to the trade destination is irrelevant. Second, when you've traveled as extensively as these players have you inevitably discover that where you grew up ain't that special.

I agree it's irrelevant as his under contract and also players usually would prefer to live i San Francisco than Orlando.. It was however relevant in LeBron case where I doubt he would have returned to Cleveland as a free agent had he not been from around there.. I would also say it was relevant for Kawhi going back to LA although I would also say LA will always be a desirable location for players..

Return to Wiretap Discussion