Jon Horst: Bucks Chasing Title, Not Regular Season Wins

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jon Horst: Bucks Chasing Title, Not Regular Season Wins 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Jon Horst insists the Milwaukee Bucks are chasing a championship and not regular season wins.

"We're not chasing wins. I do think that playoff seeding matters," Horst told Duke men's basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski on this week's episode of his SiriusXM show, "Basketball and Beyond with Coach K."

"I think our seeding matters and we want to be intentional and careful about how we end up seedingwise, but we're not chasing total wins," he said.

"What we're chasing is we want to be an NBA champion. We want to be better than we were last year. Last year we fell short of the Finals, this year we want to get to the Finals. We want to get there healthy. We want to be playing well. As I think you would tell anyone, that if you're healthy, if you're good enough and you catch enough breaks along the way you can win it. And that's where we want to be positioned to hope to be able to do."

The Bucks are unlikely to match the Golden State Warriors' record 73 wins set in 2016 based on their current pace.

Via Eric Woodyard/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Discussion