Steph Curry Targeting March 1st Return Date

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Steph Curry Targeting March 1st Return Date 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:04 pm

The Golden State Warriors and Steph Curry are targeting a return on March 1st against the Washington Wizards, according to Marcus Thompson II of The Athletic.

The date is not set in stone, but Thompson adds that Curry is expected to return before the end of this season.

Curry, who broke his hand on October 30th, is no longer wearing a brace.

Curry has missed 40 games thus far on the season.

Via Marcus Thompson II/The Athletic

BaldBall
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Steph Curry Targeting March 1st Return Date 

Post#2 » by BaldBall » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:29 pm

¿So he's coming back to play just a month and a half in a dedicated tanking team? It makes no sense to me unless those games are gonna be used as a personal warmup aiming for Tokyo olympics.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,087

Post#3 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:40 am

How the hell can a broken hand keep curry out longer than zions torn meniscus by over two months. Adam Silver is being such a pushover on this one. Guarantee if the warriors hadn’t sold out their seats and secured tv deals months ago curry would be on the court. This is disgusting.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#4 » by Cassius » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:58 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:How the hell can a broken hand keep curry out longer than zions torn meniscus by over two months. Adam Silver is being such a pushover on this one. Guarantee if the warriors hadn’t sold out their seats and secured tv deals months ago curry would be on the court. This is disgusting.

They're a big market team now, so it's hands off from the league office. From Boston holding back IT's medical records, to the shady acquisitions in LA, it seems as though the ghost of Stern still makes an appearance here and there.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Cassius wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:How the hell can a broken hand keep curry out longer than zions torn meniscus by over two months. Adam Silver is being such a pushover on this one. Guarantee if the warriors hadn’t sold out their seats and secured tv deals months ago curry would be on the court. This is disgusting.

They're a big market team now, so it's hands off from the league office. From Boston holding back IT's medical records, to the shady acquisitions in LA, it seems as though the ghost of Stern still makes an appearance here and there.

Curry had a second surgery in December to remove pins from his first surgery. Clearly they weren't in a hurry to get him back, but the hand is a more delicate instrument than your knee. I had a torn meniscus and I felt better than when I went in after a week and better than I had in years after three weeks. Knee surgery sounds bigger than hand surgery, but unless your knees are bone on bone ala Brandon Roy, a torn meniscus is a pretty routine deal.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,087

Post#6 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:51 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Curry had a second surgery in December to remove pins from his first surgery. Clearly they weren't in a hurry to get him back, but the hand is a more delicate instrument than your knee. I had a torn meniscus and I felt better than when I went in after a week and better than I had in years after three weeks. Knee surgery sounds bigger than hand surgery, but unless your knees are bone on bone ala Brandon Roy, a torn meniscus is a pretty routine deal.

Ahh hell no, that takes like two weeks, warriors blatantly tanking and the league and doing ****. You wonder why draymond not even trying, why should he when they treating Stephen with pillows and cushions
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Ahh hell no, that takes like two weeks, warriors blatantly tanking and the league and doing ****. You wonder why draymond not even trying, why should he when they treating Stephen with pillows and cushions

I agree that GSW are tanking; I just disagree that you can compare hand surgery to a meniscus clean up. Your hand has a lot of moving parts. It is the most fragile and intricate part of your body. A meniscus clean up is the equivalent of polishing a plastic knob. You are only recovering from the incision and the swelling that results. As soon as you have mobility back you are good to go.

And Draymond is trying... he's just overrated.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#8 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:26 am

BaldBall wrote:¿So he's coming back to play just a month and a half in a dedicated tanking team? It makes no sense to me unless those games are gonna be used as a personal warmup aiming for Tokyo olympics.

They have 5 home games in the first 12 days of March. Then they have a 4 game home stand to close the month.

Hopefully they're just teasing fans to keep them interested and buying tickets.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to Wiretap Discussion