Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Badbobby
Sophomore
And1: 187

Re: Mavs Retire No. 24 Jersey As Tribute To Kobe Bryant 

Post#21 » by Badbobby » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Sublime187 wrote:
Badbobby wrote:
Batsy wrote:Agreed with everything you said, this is a class act move by MC during a difficult time. People will find a way to complain about anything.

It’s about timing and making the correct gesture. So no player should ever be able to wear #24 again? No up and coming kid that has been inspired since childhood to emulate Kobe? Does this mean that Wilt’s number should also be retired, another great that was lost too soon? What does it mean for the franchises who don’t retire his number? Did they “not care” about Kobe?

I’m not complaining, I’m giving my opinion, something that the comments section is for. Name-calling and branding someone as a complainer does nothing to further the debate about the best way to memorialise a legend.

Why do we have to analyze everything to death? To dissect it to smithereens? He did it as a gesture to a legend and for his family. Cant we just leave it at that? A kind gesture and not look into him trying to show up other teams? Just f****n ridiculous.

YOU think he did it to be kind and for the family. I think there’s a self-serving and self-aggrandising undertone in Cuban’s move. Now on every sports site the word MAVERICKS is in the first few sub-headings. It’s not about the Mavericks, it’s about Kobe and his family having to grieve over the loss.

But really, you’re dissecting the move just as much as I am. Neither of us know why he did it so tone down the language. If you can’t handle discussing different viewpoints then it might be better for you to jump out of the comments.
Badbobby
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#22 » by Badbobby » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:43 pm

floppypoppy wrote:solid PR move. i don't like it.
marketing is never about class or respect.

Well said.
GooniousMaximus
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#23 » by GooniousMaximus » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:52 pm

christ, if players read threads such as this or others with the incessant b'itchin and whining, we'd be retiring a lot more jersey #s

Return to Wiretap Discussion