Woj: No Real Market Out There Right Now For Andre Drummond

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Woj: No Real Market Out There Right Now For Andre Drummond 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:28 am

The Detroit Pistons continue to evaluate trade offers for Andre Drummond, but a deal has been slow to materialize. 

"The market has been really slow for Andre Drummond," Adrian Wojnarowski told Stephen A. Smith.

The Pistons expect Drummond to decline his player option for the 20-21 season. The Pistons would like a first round pick for Drummond, but also would like second round picks.

"This is a player right now who has been quiet. It may pick up between now and the trade deadline, but there is not a real market out there right now Drummond," added Wojnarowski.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Re: Woj: No Real Market Out There Right Now For Andre Drummond 

Post#2 » by donemilio21 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:55 am

He should decline the PO, but I doubt he will get a max offer. No team that is contending needs a center like him at the moment. Even if they do, they can't match the salary. He will finish the season with Pistons, and sign with another team for something like 4 years and $110m.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:58 am

donemilio21 wrote:He should decline the PO, but I doubt he will get a max offer. No team that is contending needs a center like him at the moment. Even if they do, they can't match the salary. He will finish the season with Pistons, and sign with another team for something like 4 years and $110m.

If he was willing to agree to 4 years 110 million pretty sure the Atlanta trade would of gone through.. There is not much on the market someone will overpay him..
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#4 » by donemilio21 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:02 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:He should decline the PO, but I doubt he will get a max offer. No team that is contending needs a center like him at the moment. Even if they do, they can't match the salary. He will finish the season with Pistons, and sign with another team for something like 4 years and $110m.

If he was willing to agree to 4 years 110 million pretty sure the Atlanta trade would of gone through.. There is not much on the market someone will overpay him..

Oh yeah, I always forget about the existence of the Knicks. They'll max him out, and sign couple other centers too. :lol:
Nites
Junior
And1: 376

Post#5 » by Nites » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:06 pm

Good on them to want a first rounder, but I doubt anyone panics into giving them a 1st. I really don't think Drummond is coming back to Detroit this Summer. So, a trade should happen.

Return to Wiretap Discussion