Re: Kyrie Irving Credits 'Mamba Mentality' For 54-Point Performance

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving Credits 'Mamba Mentality' For 54-Point Performance 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 1, 2020 5:31 pm

Kyrie Irving scored a season-high 54 points in the Brooklyn Nets' 133-118 win over the Chicago Bulls.

Irving spoke of paying tribute to Kobe Bryant's memory with his performance.

"It's an open wound. But I think just coming out here, knowing that this is a place where we connected on a deeper scale, it makes a lot of sense, what's happening. I hit a few shots in the first half. I had to keep it going and [use the] Kobe mentality, Mamba mentality," Irving said. "[I had to] keep going, keep going, so it felt good, felt good," said Irving.

Irving made all of his 10 first-half field goals and shot 19-of-23 from the field.

Kenny Atkinson added that Irving's success from 3 opened up the rest of his game. 

"Well, when you're that hot, you expect a guy to go down, [and] it usually happens [because] you're so hot, but it never happened. Even that fast-break one at the end, where he kind of served it around and hit a tough shot, [a] pull-up in the lane. I think he was 8-for-8 at the rim. His finishing was superb. And when he shoots it like that from 3, [he's] tough to stop, tough guard," said Atkinson.

Via ESPN

alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Re: Kyrie Irving Credits 'Mamba Mentality' For 54-Point Performance 

Post#2 » by alienpick » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:48 am

Then goes on another injury-cation the very next game. Funny, I remember Kobe being able to stay on the court for his career and actually play for the team that was paying him big bucks. You don’t win championships sitting on the bench in streetwear Kyrie.

Maybe he was right, the Nets are a few pieces away: a few pieces that can stay on the court and produce. Trade his bum-ass, and put a real star next to KD. If KD doesn’t like it; trade him too. You’d get a real nice team for Glass-Kyrie and KD.

Oh, and the Iverson comparisons are over. Not even a discussion now. AI actually played games, and in this era: would be crushing it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion