Rockets Actively Discussing Trades For Clint Capela, Looking For Impact Wing

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets Actively Discussing Trades For Clint Capela, Looking For Impact Wing 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:16 am

The Houston Rockets are actively discussing potential trades involving Clint Capela, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Wojnarowski adds that the Rockets are talking to several teams in the Eastern Conference, including the Hawks. They are also engaged in three-team trade possibilities. 

The Rockets are looking to bring in an impact wing player before the Thursday trade deadline. 

The 25-year-old Capela makes $14.9 million this season.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Rockets Actively Discussing Trades For Clint Capela, Looking For Impact Wing 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:19 am

Sleep well Clint . . . in your mansion.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Re: Rockets Actively Discussing Trades For Clint Capela, Looking For Impact Wing 

Post#3 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:48 am

Hahahaha, If they trade Clint who will play the C for them, who will rebound, defend in the post?? What a bunch of idiots.. I hope they exit round 1 in playoffs.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,622

Post#4 » by shrink » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:03 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Hahahaha, If they trade Clint who will play the C for them, who will rebound, defend in the post?? What a bunch of idiots.. I hope they exit round 1 in playoffs.

Centers are common. Wings are rare.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#5 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:16 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Hahahaha, If they trade Clint who will play the C for them, who will rebound, defend in the post?? What a bunch of idiots.. I hope they exit round 1 in playoffs.

If they got a top notch wing player they can easily sort out a centre.. They won't get a top notch wing player for Clint so it is a waste of time.. Harden and Westbrook is not as good as Harden and CP3.. Who would realized that haha...
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#6 » by texasholdem » Mon Feb 3, 2020 8:39 am

Any of these three deals would be acceptable; Capela and Thabo for:

1. BROOKLYN - DeAndre Jordan and Joe Harris
2. WASHINGTON - Thomas Bryant and Davis Bertans
3. NEW YORK - Marcus Morris and Mitchell Robinson
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#7 » by Alex_De_Large » Mon Feb 3, 2020 12:20 pm

trade capela for peanuts, great.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#8 » by Cassius » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:30 pm

texasholdem wrote:Any of these three deals would be acceptable; Capela and Thabo for:

1. Bad for Houston
2. Questionable for Wiz without additional compensation
3. Bad for Knicks

But I like the approach. Here's one that might work:

Smart and Theis for Capela?
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
DCRYsing89
Starter
And1: 718

Post#9 » by DCRYsing89 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:02 pm

Cassius wrote:
texasholdem wrote:Any of these three deals would be acceptable; Capela and Thabo for:

1. Bad for Houston
3. Bad for Knicks

For god sake, if they chuck in House instead of Thabo, I taking that as the Wiz
Wall-Beal-House-Hachimura-Capela
Ish-McRae-Brown Jr-Wagner-Lotto Pick
Is a nice core moving forward, and actually is a step towards fixing our defense,
Depending on their contracts though, maybe a 1st has to be added to sway the wiz over...

Knicks it’s bad obviously though,

But the Brooklyn one, I think there is some merit...
DAJ won’t get traded, but possibly Jarret Allen + Prince + Krucus + Musa + Harris
For Capela + Thabo + Gordon + Picks
Would work
Sets the nets up to be more competitive next 3 years,
Whilst the rockets get 4 serviceable wings, and a big man...
Obviously this would take a fair bit of draft capital to sway the nets though...

Edit, Smart I feel is more valueble than Capela atm I feel though...
Maybe they could work something with raps tho...
Ibaka + RHJ + McCaw + 2nds
After your first, you change, you mature, you dont just jump into things.

After getting dunked on for the first time, life becomes complex.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#10 » by Cassius » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:33 pm

DCRYsing89 wrote:For god sake, if they chuck in House instead of Thabo, I taking that as the Wiz
Is a nice core moving forward, and actually is a step towards fixing our defense,
Depending on their contracts though, maybe a 1st has to be added to sway the wiz over...

DAJ won’t get traded, but possibly Jarret Allen + Prince + Krucus + Musa + Harris
Would work
Obviously this would take a fair bit of draft capital to sway the nets though...

I think that Bryant would look a lot better on the Rockets and Capela would look worse on the Wizards, especially given that Capela makes twice as much.

The Nets rework makes sense.

Masai wants more Africans, lol, not to swap them. Giving the Rockets Ibaka would really bolster the offense as a true five out team.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Nbabrothers
Senior
And1: 203

Post#11 » by Nbabrothers » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:46 pm

Cassius wrote:

1. Bad for Houston
3. Bad for Knicks

For the Knicks how about Kevin Knox and Bobby Portis for Capela and a first round pick?
Nbabrothers
Senior

Post#12 » by Nbabrothers » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:48 pm

I would LOVE Capella in the Knicks!
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by texasholdem » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:23 pm

Alex_De_Large wrote:trade capela for peanuts, great.

He's going to be traded regardless because fertita is a cheap owner and two players are making a huge part of the payroll.

These players i listed other than thabo aren't peanuts. Capela is the best player but if we can get two very good players at reasonable prices for one I don't see why not. Harris, Bertans and Morris are all shooting over 40 percent on threes this year. Robinson is an awesome shot blocker and still young. DeAndre is old but still a solid rebounder. Thomas Bryant is a center that can hit threes and is a 75 percent free throw shooter. He is younger than Capela and a better fit for a Dantoni offense.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by texasholdem » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:38 pm

Nbabrothers wrote:
Cassius wrote:

1. Bad for Houston
3. Bad for Knicks

For the Knicks how about Kevin Knox and Bobby Portis for Capela and a first round pick?

Knox has had a terrible second season and is a very poor shooter. Portis is an awful shot blocker. Capela is worth more than those two.
Nbabrothers
Senior

Post#15 » by Nbabrothers » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:41 pm

texasholdem wrote:
Nbabrothers wrote:
Cassius wrote:
1. Bad for Houston
3. Bad for Knicks

Knox has had a terrible second season and is a very poor shooter. Portis is an awful shot blocker. Capela is worth more than those two.

So what would it take to get Capela to the Knicks? DSJ, Knox, Portis and a second rounder?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#16 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:52 pm

What are they thinking?????? They need someone catch all westbrook bricks? :nonono:
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by texasholdem » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:06 pm

Nbabrothers wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
Nbabrothers wrote:

So what would it take to get Capela to the Knicks? DSJ, Knox, Portis and a second rounder?

Dsj is a bust. Why would you even need Robinson once you have Capela?
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by texasholdem » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:16 pm

Capela to Sacramento Kings for Bjelica and Bogdanovic. Belly would be the starting center shooting 43 percent on three pointers. Bogdanovic could replace House as the starting sf.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,703

Post#19 » by scrabbarista » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:52 pm

texasholdem wrote:Capela to Sacramento Kings for Bjelica and Bogdanovic. Belly would be the starting center shooting 43 percent on three pointers. Bogdanovic could replace House as the starting sf.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6jjm52g

This would be insane, but in a good way. The Rockets would be all in on all offense and the Kings would get a good, young, affordable building block locked in for a few years.

As a Rockets fan, I'm kind of at a point where I'm up for absolutely anything. D'Antoni is almost guaranteed to be in his last season, who knows with Morey, and Fertitta doesn't look like he's ever going to be a winning owner, so why not go crazy with something like this. It's so crazy that it just might work.
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh
DCRYsing89
Starter
And1: 718

Post#20 » by DCRYsing89 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 11:30 pm

Cassius wrote:
DCRYsing89 wrote:For god sake, if they chuck in House instead of Thabo, I taking that as the Wiz

Would work

I think that Bryant would look a lot better on the Rockets and Capela would look worse on the Wizards, especially given that Capela makes twice as much.

The Nets rework makes sense.

Masai wants more Africans, lol, not to swap them. Giving the Rockets Ibaka would really bolster the offense as a true five out team.

Yeah but Bryant has his limits, he is still really slow footed for a modern big man,
I don’t feel he anchors a elite Defense like Capela does.
And of course Capela would look worse, once wall is back though, he would legitimately be Walls best P&R running buddy ever...
Plus he provides amazing rim protection and isn’t as vulnrable to switching...

Though I do like Thomas Bryant, and would like to se eh I’m stay on the wiz tbh...
After your first, you change, you mature, you dont just jump into things.

After getting dunked on for the first time, life becomes complex.

Return to Wiretap Discussion