Re: Warriors Sign Marquese Chriss To Two-Year Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors Sign Marquese Chriss To Two-Year Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 7, 2020 5:28 pm

The Golden State Warriors have agreed to sign Marquese Chriss to a two-year deal.

Chriss was waived by the Warriors in January due to a roster crunch and then was signed to a Two-Way contract.

Chriss is averaging 7.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 18.6 minutes per game this season for the Warriors.

Via Bobby Marks/ESPN

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#2 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:08 pm

I've really liked this guy. One of the few players on the team that can contribute to a contender. Great move.

Easily worth at least 5 million a year.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#3 » by LukaMagic » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:14 pm

What exactly can Chriss contribute to a contender? A few dumb plays a night?
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM

Post#4 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:40 pm

LukaMagic wrote:What exactly can Chriss contribute to a contender? A few dumb plays a night?

Great intangibles. Yes, he has the size and athleticism for a 4/5. But the way he handles, shoots, passes, and moves shows a lot of potential. The guys definitely a basketball player.

He's only 22 and it seems like he's starting to put things together. Watching him play against elite competition, he definitely belongs on the floor.

He's putting up 15.4/10.5/3.3/1.2/1.9 per 36. He's shooting 55.4% inside the arc, 23.3% behind, and 75.7% from the line.

His game is just starting to come together and he plays within himself and he'll be playing with Curry and Thompson next year. He's no lock, but he would slip into the starting lineup next year and surprise everyone.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#5 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 7, 2020 9:01 pm

I thought the warriors were just tanking for one year.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#6 » by LukaMagic » Fri Feb 7, 2020 9:15 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
LukaMagic wrote:What exactly can Chriss contribute to a contender? A few dumb plays a night?

Great intangibles. Yes, he has the size and athleticism for a 4/5. But the way he handles, shoots, passes, and moves shows a lot of potential. The guys definitely a basketball player.

He's only 22 and it seems like he's starting to put things together. Watching him play against elite competition, he definitely belongs on the floor.

He's putting up 15.4/10.5/3.3/1.2/1.9 per 36. He's shooting 55.4% inside the arc, 23.3% behind, and 75.7% from the line.

His game is just starting to come together and he plays within himself and he'll be playing with Curry and Thompson next year. He's no lock, but he would slip into the starting lineup next year and surprise everyone.

Well, ok. Good luck with Chriss then. I like the Warriors, so I hope for the best, but Chriss just isn't the type of guy I can root for.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#7 » by Maf » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:46 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

What? You reply with some he could, he might be, he needs time but he is getting there. That is like opposite of "contributing to contender." He was cut from worst NBA team. Your take is incredibly stupid.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#8 » by baldur » Sat Feb 8, 2020 7:43 am

i feel like gsw waives him and sign him into different type of contracts every fortnight this season.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM

Post#9 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 9:09 am

Maf wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

What? You reply with some he could, he might be, he needs time but he is getting there. That is like opposite of "contributing to contender." He was cut from worst NBA team. Your take is incredibly stupid.

Saying that he has great tools, is putting up solid numbers, is playing within himself, and looks like he belongs when playing with elite talent is incredibly stupid?

Return to Wiretap Discussion