Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Close To Buyout With Hornets, Could Sign With Mavs

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Close To Buyout With Hornets, Could Sign With Mavs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:03 pm

The Charlotte Hornets are close to buying out Michael Kidd-Glichrist's contract, league sources told Adrian Wojnarowski and Tim MacMahon of ESPN.

The Mavs have emerged as a potential landing spot for Kidd-Gilchrist, according to ESPN.

Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 4 points in 12 games this season.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski & Tim MacMahon/ESPN

Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Re: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Close To Buyout With Hornets, Could Sign With Mavs 

Post#2 » by Plutonashfan » Sat Feb 8, 2020 7:57 pm

"Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 4 points in 12 games this season."
Holy$h1t what happened to this dude. I've watched 0 Hornet games the last 2 years so I honestly don't know.
The Champ is HERE!!!
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#3 » by nedleeds » Sat Feb 8, 2020 10:50 pm

The last thing the Mavs need is a dude who can't hit water from a boat. Luka needs to get in the paint and kick it to shooters. This would be a useless pick up. Get Marvin Williams ...
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#4 » by nitocobola » Sat Feb 8, 2020 10:54 pm

IDk why the mavs would want this guy, another body I guess
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#5 » by arasu » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:43 am

nedleeds wrote:The last thing the Mavs need is a dude who can't hit water from a boat. Luka needs to get in the paint and kick it to shooters. This would be a useless pick up. Get Marvin Williams ...

I agree Williams might be a better fit, since he is bigger, and can play center, where there are more minutes available. He can also play a stretch 5 role that could open things up more for Luka, like you mentioned. But Williams wants that free ride to the Finals with the Bucks.

MKG did hit 34% from three last season. He has been improving his outside shot over the years, but his playing time has been getting cut. He is more than capable of becoming a valuable 3 and D guy, if given a chance. The Hornets have been focused on developing Miles Bridges this season, so Kidd-Gilchrist has been stuck out of the rotation. He definitely needs a change of scenery, but maybe Dallas isn't the right spot, since there aren't many minutes to go around there either.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#6 » by Sam195 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:02 am

I would assume there is mutual interest between MKG and the Lakers. Iggy got traded to the Heat so he won't be on the buyout market anymore like previously expected and Lakers need another wing defender. MKG and Anthony Davis are bffs who won an NCAA title together with Kentucky and were drafted 1-2 back to back in the 2012 nba draft. I can't see him pass the chance for both of them to potentially win their first nba title together especially during this Remembering Kobe season.

Return to Wiretap Discussion