Knicks Distance Themselves From Steve Stoute Comments About Coaching

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Distance Themselves From Steve Stoute Comments About Coaching 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 am

The New York Knicks released a statement distancing themselves from Steve Stoute's comments about the future of interim coach Mike Miller.

Stoute, whose company was recently hired to remake the Knicks brand, made his comments on ESPN's First Take.

"They got some young players -- you see RJ Barrett, Mitch Robinson. They got something to work with. And getting a coach in there and ultimately getting a coach and a coaching staff that's going to help develop a team. That's what I expect to happen so that we can actually get what you expect from a New York team. ... Having a coach like that who has the magnitude and gravitas so that the media would love to talk to him and believe him, I think that's super important," said Stoute.

The Knicks then released a statement that "any decisions regarding the operations of the team will be made by the new President of the New York Knicks."

The team also released a statement from Stoute saying that "in my excitement to defend the Knicks on live TV today, I inadvertently insinuated about Knicks personnel."

Via Malika Andrews/ESPN

kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,196

Re: Knicks Distance Themselves From Steve Stoute Comments About Coaching 

Post#2 » by kenwood3333 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:04 am

So this Stoute is suppose to help improve Knick's brand and the first public interview he does is to create more controversy? Was that part of the plan to keep the Knicks in the news?
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#3 » by arasu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:20 am

kenwood3333 wrote:So this Stoute is suppose to help improve Knick's brand and the first public interview he does is to create more controversy? Was that part of the plan to keep the Knicks in the news?

Yes
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#4 » by The_Hater » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:42 am

kenwood3333 wrote:So this Stoute is suppose to help improve Knick's brand and the first public interview he does is to create more controversy? Was that part of the plan to keep the Knicks in the news?

In bizarro world, he actually looks like the perfect Dolan hire doesn’t he?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#5 » by Barcs » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:46 pm

By "Knicks" they mean Jim Dolan and Jim Dolan only. The guy is a complete buffoon, he hires this agency to rebrand the Knicks, and then undermines him over completely harmless banter like talking about getting a good coach in there. It's like Dolan purposely does not want a good head coach because he needs a fall guy every couple years and wonders why the team has no continuity, development or progress over the past 2 decades. Sell the team, Jim.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Discussion