Execs View James Wiseman As Likely Top-Five Pick

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Re: Execs View James Wiseman As Likely Top-Five Pick 

Post#21 » by King4Day » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:53 am

None of those teams (outside of Minny) should pass on Wiseman 'just because they have a center already'. I'm guessing he ends up with the Cavs as I don't believe Drummond will remain there.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#22 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:40 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:His decision to skip the rest of the year could cost him millions. Somebody gave him bad advice. At least in school he could have at least make it hard for teams to pass him. Or drop further.

It also would have given scouts and execs more opportunities to poke holes in his game.

Could also have shown he was ready. That what I want from a top 3 pick. Show you are willing to handle pressure. Could help you down the line. And poke holes in his game? The NBA will find them out quick, so there won't be any hiding them. Best to poke holes now, and fix them before the draft. Right?
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#23 » by ClutchUp » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:42 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:His decision to skip the rest of the year could cost him millions. Somebody gave him bad advice. At least in school he could have at least make it hard for teams to pass him. Or drop further.

It also would have given scouts and execs more opportunities to poke holes in his game.

Could also have shown he was ready. That what I want from a top 3 pick. Show you are willing to handle pressure. Could help you down the line. And poke holes in his game? The NBA will find them out quick, so there won't be any hiding them. Best to poke holes now, and fix them before the draft. Right?

No one can fix every hole in their game at 19 years old.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#24 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:56 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:

No one can fix every hole in their game at 19 years old.

Best to get holes patched early. And yes, he can't fix them all, but he can get a jump.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#25 » by Temuhjan » Fri Mar 6, 2020 3:59 am

saltybs wrote:Mitch is for sure a “keeper” in the sense that he is a plus player/has positive impact on the court. But my hot take is whether, in today’s NBA, a championship team can spend “max level” money (or near max level money) on a center who cannot create offense for himself, and generally only adds offense when part of a pick and roll set. He’s a terror as a roll man sure, but putting aside that and his top tier D, is that worth a max slot? How is his ceiling any different than Deandre Jordan in his prime, or other bigs like that? Who among that player typology occupied a max slot on a championship caliber squad in the last 5 years or so?

My point is that a player of his type is awesome to have, and definitely positively impacts the game, but perhaps is more of a luxury than anything. I’m not sure a team can have a guy like that in one of 2 or 3 max slots and be a championship squad. You need more offensive versatility out of that spot.

Love Mitch tho. Don’t want to lose him. Just thinking about whether he can be a cornerstone of a championship team with what he brings against what he’s going to command on the market in 2 years.

Mitch is certainly a starting quality player. I would not necessarily consider him an off-limits cornerstone though

Return to Wiretap Discussion