LeBron James Says He's Putting Lakers Back Where They Need To Be After Clinching Playoff Spot

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James Says He's Putting Lakers Back Where They Need To Be After Clinching Playoff Spot 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:30 pm

LeBron James had 37 points, 8 assists, and 8 rebounds in the Los Angeles Lakers' 113-103 win over the Milwaukee Bucks.

The Lakers clinched a playoff spot for the first time in six seasons.

"I came here to put this team and put this franchise back where they needed to be. The league is not what it is if the Lakers are not winning. And that was one of my responsibilities, one of my goals when I came here," said James after the game.

The Lakers, now 48-13, will play the Clippers on Sunday.

The Clippers, who have won six straight games, beat the Lakers on opening night and on Christmas Day.

"We know how well they've been playing as of late. They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

Knickstape7
Freshman
And1: 8

Re: LeBron James Says He's Putting Lakers Back Where They Need To Be After Clinching Playoff Spot 

Post#3 » by Knickstape7 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:57 pm

What about Christmas Day Lebron what’s your excuse for blowing that game away?
mustbeniceman
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: LeBron James Says He's Putting Lakers Back Where They Need To Be After Clinching Playoff Spot 

Post#4 » by mustbeniceman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 7:05 pm

AD* is putting the Lakers back where they need to be. We saw how much you didn't do anything for the Lakers last year.
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#5 » by Elnegron » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:26 pm

Always taking credit when they win and blaming teammates when they lose. LeBron last year wasn't important to you?
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Post#6 » by TheCage4 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:54 am

I wonder what he’ll say when the Clips beat them on Sunday?
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion