Mark Cuban Gives Over/Under Of June 1st For NBA Resuming Games

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mark Cuban Gives Over/Under Of June 1st For NBA Resuming Games 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:25 am

Mark Cuban is optimistic the NBA can resume their 19-20 schedule by the middle of May.

"Hopefully by the middle of May, we're starting to get back to normal and the NBA is playing games," Cuban said. "Maybe not with fans, but we're playing it because sports plays such an important role. You know, people want something to cheer for, people want something to rally around, people want something to be excited about."

The NBA is suspended indefinitely to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

"I'm proud of Adam Silver," Cuban said. "I'm proud of the NBA and the way we've reacted. I think we've led the way, and hopefully will lead the way out of this.

"I mean you know no one has perfect information right now, and so all decisions are tough. But, you know, if I had to guess based off the people I've talked to at the CDC and other places -- I would say that the over under would be June 1, and I'm taking the under."

Via Mike Leslie/WFAA Dallas

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Re: Mark Cuban Gives Over/Under Of June 1st For NBA Resuming Games 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:15 pm

I think it was great that the NBA took early measures to stem the tide despite the financial implications. Clearly individuals were going to be too ignorant to stay home on their own.

That said, I hope they stick to their convictions. They could begin games with no fans as soon as testing is readily available, results are faster and more accurate. They would need to fly refs and camera crew on private charters and announcers could work remotely. Teams could literally compete in a practice facility with a green screen on the back wall. We could view them at home like they were playing in a full arena or even Pompeii (or whatever!) Why does location matter?

Return to Wiretap Discussion