Donovan Mitchell Likely To Sign Max Contract Extension With Jazz

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Donovan Mitchell Likely To Sign Max Contract Extension With Jazz 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Donovan Mitchell can sign a contract extension with the Utah Jazz this offseason, something Tony Jones of The Athletic expects to happen.

"I can say with confidence that Mitchell loves Utah, has embraced the community and genuinely loves playing for the Jazz," Jones writes. "I can also say that the Jazz have Mitchell under team control for the next (two) years. As a result, worrying about Mitchell’s unrestricted free agency is not worth worrying about..

"Mitchell will sign a max contract extension at some point before next season. That extension will kick in for him in year five, and he will be here for the length of his second contract. Again. Anything can happen. But, I can certainly say with confidence that Mitchell loves it here."

Via Tony Jones/The Athletic

Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Re: Donovan Mitchell Likely To Sign Max Contract Extension With Jazz 

Post#2 » by Elnegron » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm

The best this that happened to Utah was the Corona virus. Mitchell wants security now and would force a trade if anything.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:14 pm

Elnegron wrote:The best this that happened to Utah was the Corona virus. Mitchell wants security now and would force a trade if anything.

Why would Mitchell want to force a trade from a good team? He’s never indicated that he’s not happy there so that’s utter nonsense. Linking it all to corona is just more nonsense.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#4 » by AirCanadaMouse » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:15 pm

Never any doubt about this, but Utah better make the most of it because he's most likely gone when that contract expires. It's just a matter of playing in another market, out of Utah's hands. They need to have a contending team every year, then I can see him pulling a Stockton or Malone.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#5 » by Slava » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:17 pm

By the time coronavirus ends, the max contract may end up being $20/hr.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Wiretap Discussion