Nets Expected To Use Young Talent To Acquire Third Star

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Re: Nets Expected To Use Young Talent To Acquire Third Star 

Post#21 » by haste10176 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:38 am

meekrab wrote:Or, hear me out, they could deal Kyrie for a second star

This is actually not a bad idea and Cavs had a chance to do that and did not.. Who would you make the trade for?
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#22 » by haste10176 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:46 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
hyberx wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:You guys can take Draymond Green.

Heck no, unless they are trading us KD, lol. Draymond is the heart and soul of the Ws. Sure his production wasn't like before this season, but with Curry and Klay coming back Draymond is the perfect glue guy (like he's always been) to put this team back to contending. No way we are trading him.

That "glue guy" cost them a title. Everything he did to disrupt the league with small ball is now being done by better players on other teams. Teams loaded up to deal with him. It took a couple of seasons to for the league to adjust, but it has. If KD hadn't gone to GSW they would have been one-and-done. Draymond is potentially the most overrated player of the last decade.

Bam! :cheesygrin:

Draymond missed one game LBJ's Cavs won 3 in a row.. Draymond had a monster game 7? Why did it cost them a title.. They were at home Game 7 Draymond was going off and they still could not get over LBJ who had I believe had a Triple double in that game.. If you said Curry did not show up I think that would be fairer.. BTW I have not seen players do what Draymond does better in terms of small ball please name one? The Warriors this year were missing there 3 best players plus there 5th and 6th best player so of course they sucked.. Durant Gone, Klay Injured, Curry Injured... Iggy gone.. Livingston gone and even Looney injured.. Draymond by himself is not really going to do much.. Hell even when Steph played a few games they sucked.. But I would like to know all these small ball line ups better than GSW with Draymond at 5.. Pretty sure GSW lost Durant and still made it to the NBA finals and I personally believe would of won if Klay had not gotten injured..
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by haste10176 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 am

Scalabrine wrote:I dont understand why everyone is so sure that Beal will be available this off-season. They just "weathered the storm" of having Wall out for a year and a half and now he's coming back on a fresh massive extension. You think the Wizards are going to trade Beal and start a rebuild while they still have Wall making 40 million a year? I feel like they'd want to get that pair back together and pair them with the young guys that they already have instead of leaving Wall as the lone star on the team.

It would take a pretty nice offer to get Beal from the Wizards. Lavert is probably their best trade asset and he's only a year younger than Beal (26 and 27 going into next season). Is a Lavert/Prince, Philly 2020 First and BK 2022 1st enough of a package to get Beal?

Hell no is that package enough for Beal.. They will want a Paul George type package where they get picks until 2030.. Also Lavert and Prince are not as as SG and Gali.. Overall I would not trade Beal if I am the wizards but I am pretty sure nets are in win now mode so would throw everything at the wizards which maybe will be considered.. 4 x first round picks 4 x second round picks plus philly pick plus lavert and prince and whoever else..
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#24 » by hyberx » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:12 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
hyberx wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:You guys can take Draymond Green.

Heck no, unless they are trading us KD, lol. Draymond is the heart and soul of the Ws. Sure his production wasn't like before this season, but with Curry and Klay coming back Draymond is the perfect glue guy (like he's always been) to put this team back to contending. No way we are trading him.

That "glue guy" cost them a title. Everything he did to disrupt the league with small ball is now being done by better players on other teams. Teams loaded up to deal with him. It took a couple of seasons to for the league to adjust, but it has. If KD hadn't gone to GSW they would have been one-and-done. Draymond is potentially the most overrated player of the last decade.

Oh the almighty "what if" LOL. That glue guy bought them a title in 2015 (Green had a few monster games beating the Cavs) and helped to lead Ws to 73 wins. Not to mention he IS the Ws defense (rated top 5 for few years during the run). The fact is Ws have won it without KD, beating the Rockets (small ball enough for ya?) in a series. Cavs wouldn't have won it if Adam Silver didn't fall for LeBron's whining over a soft butt tap and Iggy/Bogut didn't both go down to injuries if that's the game you want to play.

Small ball is being done by better players on other teams? Name one that defends and pass as well as Green and would fit perfectly with Curry/Klay as they both are top 1 and 2 off-ball shooters in the league now if not ever. Not to mention Wiggins would greatly benefit from Green's passing and mentoring on D.

Building a team is not just comparing one guy to another on paper, but all about chemistry, which Ws showed the World how that's done since 2015. KD was the disrupting force of that chemistry in a way since his 2nd year. Considering all the factors, you just can't find a better replacement for Green for the Ws, period.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:39 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
Elnegron wrote:None of them would work with kyrie and it would take draft picks to pry Beal away

I am going to assume they will give up a lot of draft picks for Beal..Kyrie Beal Durant not bad.. Only team with a true but 3 then..

I imagine theyd want to keep Dinwiddie as a Irving insurance so it'd probably be Lavert/Prince/2 FRPs for Beal. Gives the Nets a depth chart of:

Allen/Jordan/Claxton
Durant/Kurucs
Temple/Musa
Beal/Dinwiddie
Irving/Dinwiddie

They have Joe Harris too but keeping him would put them in the luxury tax. Marks is going to have to continue to be creative while building out the rest of this core because they are right up against the cap.

So basically just Levert for Beal is what you're proposing? Prince is a role player isn't he? The Wizards can just sign a guy like him in free agency. Unless you're implying that the "3 star" model will fail miserably for the Nets, those 2 FRP's are what? Bottom of the barrel 1sts? Not much value there. So Levert for Beal? Beal is clearly MUCH better, is healthier and is only about 8 months older than Levert.

Not near enough.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#26 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm

haste10176 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:I dont understand why everyone is so sure that Beal will be available this off-season. They just "weathered the storm" of having Wall out for a year and a half and now he's coming back on a fresh massive extension. You think the Wizards are going to trade Beal and start a rebuild while they still have Wall making 40 million a year? I feel like they'd want to get that pair back together and pair them with the young guys that they already have instead of leaving Wall as the lone star on the team.

It would take a pretty nice offer to get Beal from the Wizards. Lavert is probably their best trade asset and he's only a year younger than Beal (26 and 27 going into next season). Is a Lavert/Prince, Philly 2020 First and BK 2022 1st enough of a package to get Beal?

Hell no is that package enough for Beal.. They will want a Paul George type package where they get picks until 2030.. Also Lavert and Prince are not as as SG and Gali.. Overall I would not trade Beal if I am the wizards but I am pretty sure nets are in win now mode so would throw everything at the wizards which maybe will be considered.. 4 x first round picks 4 x second round picks plus philly pick plus lavert and prince and whoever else..

Spencer Dinwiddie has been the Nets MVP the past couple seasons. He's averaging 20ppg near 7apg and near 4rpg this season. He's on a 3 year contract that pays him a real cheap $11 million per and he's only 26. He's overused for his skill set but would be a very valuable asset either to keep or to move in a separate deal. So I would expect that the Wizards would want Dinwiddie, Levert and Jaret Allen.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#27 » by Scalabrine » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 pm

haste10176 wrote:

That PG trade was a very unique situation and it can't be used as a barometer in my opinion. They don't make that trade, they don't get Kawhi either. Are the Nets that desperate? They already have their guys and is Beal as a 3rd option worth giving up all of your depth and future (especially with the Nets finally getting out from under the awful Celtics trade).
Go Knicks!
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#28 » by Scalabrine » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:05 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
I am going to assume they will give up a lot of draft picks for Beal..Kyrie Beal Durant not bad.. Only team with a true but 3 then..

I imagine theyd want to keep Dinwiddie as a Irving insurance so it'd probably be Lavert/Prince/2 FRPs for Beal. Gives the Nets a depth chart of:

Allen/Jordan/Claxton
Durant/Kurucs
Temple/Musa
Beal/Dinwiddie
Irving/Dinwiddie

They have Joe Harris too but keeping him would put them in the luxury tax. Marks is going to have to continue to be creative while building out the rest of this core because they are right up against the cap.

So basically just Levert for Beal is what you're proposing? Prince is a role player isn't he? The Wizards can just sign a guy like him in free agency. Unless you're implying that the "3 star" model will fail miserably for the Nets, those 2 FRP's are what? Bottom of the barrel 1sts? Not much value there. So Levert for Beal? Beal is clearly MUCH better, is healthier and is only about 8 months older than Levert.

Not near enough.

Yeah you're right. The Wizards don't have any real need to trade Beal. He's locked up long-term. Wall will be back next season. They have some younger guys to build around their 2 stars. They should be pretty good if Wall can get back to being a Top 10 PG (He was top 5 before his injury). They aren't an FA destination.

It's gonna take quite a bit for the Wizards to unload him at this point. Not sure if it's worth the Nets giving up everything valuable outside of KD and Kyrie to have Beal come in and be the third option. Also not sure if the Nets are gonna want to fork over their future to go down that path again after just finally getting out from under that awful Boston trade.
Go Knicks!
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#29 » by eitanr » Wed Apr 1, 2020 1:14 pm

If I can get Lavert, I am dangling Holiday. Caris fits the Pels timeline better, he's got more size at the wing allowing for position flexibility and interesting lineup rotations AND fits next to Ball/Ingram/Zion better.

He can play both on/off the ball more seamlessly. Would be a great trade concept for Pels.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#30 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Apr 1, 2020 7:19 pm

hyberx wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
hyberx wrote:Heck no, unless they are trading us KD, lol. Draymond is the heart and soul of the Ws. Sure his production wasn't like before this season, but with Curry and Klay coming back Draymond is the perfect glue guy (like he's always been) to put this team back to contending. No way we are trading him.

Oh the almighty "what if" LOL. That glue guy bought them a title in 2015 (Green had a few monster games beating the Cavs) and helped to lead Ws to 73 wins. Not to mention he IS the Ws defense (rated top 5 for few years during the run). The fact is Ws have won it without KD, beating the Rockets (small ball enough for ya?) in a series. Cavs wouldn't have won it if Adam Silver didn't fall for LeBron's whining over a soft butt tap and Iggy/Bogut didn't both go down to injuries if that's the game you want to play.

Small ball is being done by better players on other teams? Name one that defends and pass as well as Green and would fit perfectly with Curry/Klay as they both are top 1 and 2 off-ball shooters in the league now if not ever. Not to mention Wiggins would greatly benefit from Green's passing and mentoring on D.

Building a team is not just comparing one guy to another on paper, but all about chemistry, which Ws showed the World how that's done since 2015. KD was the disrupting force of that chemistry in a way since his 2nd year. Considering all the factors, you just can't find a better replacement for Green for the Ws, period.

he greatness of Draymond is that he can defend a real Center and also switch. In 2015 nobody had a center to match up with him. Now it seems like every team has at least one 6' 8" dude listed at center. Teams were just not built to match up with that lineup.

The situation made him great... not the other way around. And you're kind of proving my point. Who wouldn't look great with Klay and Steph in tow, especially when playing a lineup that teams don't have the personnel to match up with? But what is he without them? Remember when Lance Stephenson was great? Or Rondo when surrounded by All-Stars? Perfect situations make perfect players.

Don't get mad now; you can quote me on this later.... They should have traded Green last summer while he was at peak value!
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#31 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Apr 1, 2020 7:44 pm

haste10176 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
hyberx wrote:Heck no, unless they are trading us KD, lol. Draymond is the heart and soul of the Ws. Sure his production wasn't like before this season, but with Curry and Klay coming back Draymond is the perfect glue guy (like he's always been) to put this team back to contending. No way we are trading him.

Draymond missed one game LBJ's Cavs won 3 in a row.. Draymond had a monster game 7? Why did it cost them a title.. They were at home Game 7 Draymond was going off and they still could not get over LBJ who had I believe had a Triple double in that game.. If you said Curry did not show up I think that would be fairer.. BTW I have not seen players do what Draymond does better in terms of small ball please name one? The Warriors this year were missing there 3 best players plus there 5th and 6th best player so of course they sucked.. Durant Gone, Klay Injured, Curry Injured... Iggy gone.. Livingston gone and even Looney injured.. Draymond by himself is not really going to do much.. Hell even when Steph played a few games they sucked.. But I would like to know all these small ball line ups better than GSW with Draymond at 5.. Pretty sure GSW lost Durant and still made it to the NBA finals and I personally believe would of won if Klay had not gotten injured..

Bogut was out and Iggy played hurt in games 6 and 7. The fact that Draymond had the series of his life furthers my point. And yeah, Lebron went off; Iggy was his primary defender and he was hurt. There is a reason he has a Finals MVP. All that together makes losing game 5 pretty important.

The Wizards squad sucks but Beal looks OK. The Blazers squad is beat to hell and Lillard is balling. Great players step up.

And on that... GSW without KD beat an injury deprives POR team to get to the Finals last season. POR should have been out in the first round. GSW were the first team to actually bring in a defensive scheme to deal with Lillard. POR never had a shot. That has nothing to do with you overrating Draymond.

Return to Wiretap Discussion