Zeke Nnaji Leaving Arizona For 2020 NBA Draft

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Zeke Nnaji Leaving Arizona For 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 pm

Zeke Nnaji is entering the 2020 NBA Draft, leaving Arizona after his freshman season.

Nnaji is ranked No. 34 by ESPN for the draft class. Nnaji was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and also received All-Pac-12 first-team honors.

"Ever since 4th grade I have had the dream of playing professional basketball in the NBA. After consulting with my family and praying about it, we have submitted the required paperwork to the league office. I'm officially making myself available for the draft," Nnaji told ESPN in an email.

Nnaji averaged 16.1 points and 8.6 rebounds per game.

"It still feels like I'm dreaming because I have never heard of anything like this pandemic happening," Nnaji told ESPN. "Now I'm back at home in Minnesota. I just started doing some light workouts, and I'll continue to ramp things up in the coming weeks. Every now and again, I still go back mentally to Wednesday, March 11th, going through my process of getting ready to play USC before the season was canceled. Now it's time to move forward to the next level, so I'm doing everything possible to maximize this process.

"This is all new to me but I have continued to pray for all the health workers on the front line of this pandemic," Nnaji added. "I can't imagine what their families are going through. I'm continuing to take precautions and do my part through social distancing, but I'm also finding ways to get my work in as much as possible."

Via Jonathan Givony/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Discussion