Masai Ujiri, Nick Nurse Haven't Held Discussion Talks With Raptors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Masai Ujiri, Nick Nurse Haven't Held Discussion Talks With Raptors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 2, 2020 1:54 am

The Toronto Raptors have not used the current suspension of the NBA to season to discuss possible contract extensions for Masai Ujiri and Nick Nurse.

Both Ujiri and Nurse are currently scheduled to be on expiring contracts in 20-21. Ujiri would obviously handle any extension talks with Nurse, while his own talks would be with MLSE.

The future of Ujiri with the Raptors is believed to be more certain after the Washington Wizards and New York Knicks hired other executives to run their respective front offices.

“I’m fine. … (My contract) is honestly like the last thing on my mind. I miss the game, man. Like I miss it. I miss basketball. If you have concern, I’m concerned for my team, I’m concerned for my family, I’m concerned for the world.”

Via Eric Koreen/The Athletic

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,063

Re: Masai Ujiri, Nick Nurse Haven't Held Discussion Talks With Raptors 

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 4:30 pm

Oh god, what if Massai took Nurse and left Toronto?
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#3 » by njknicks » Thu Apr 2, 2020 6:22 pm

Masai has free reign to negotiate on his terms -- he will decide when / how ( if not already done so ).

Nick Nurse has done an incredible job -- plenty of suitors should Raptors not come up to bat for him as well (i.e. Nets, Knicks, 76rs, Bulls to name a few ).
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,428

Post#4 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Apr 2, 2020 7:15 pm

What are discussion talks? Do you mean extension talks or extension discussions?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#5 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Apr 2, 2020 7:37 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:What are discussion talks? Do you mean extension talks or extension discussions?

I guess it means they haven't discussed talking about an extension. They probably haven't yet spoken about discussing talks yet either.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#6 » by jlokine » Thu Apr 2, 2020 8:42 pm

njknicks wrote:Masai has free reign to negotiate on his terms -- he will decide when / how ( if not already done so ).

Nick Nurse has done an incredible job -- plenty of suitors should Raptors not come up to bat for him as well (i.e. Nets, Knicks, 76rs, Bulls to name a few ).

nets wont hire nick nurse.. kyrie and KD run that ship.. they just fired a capable coach.. they want ty lue in there..
alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Re: Masai Ujiri, Nick Nurse Haven't Held Discussion Talks With Raptorsy 

Post#7 » by alienpick » Thu Apr 2, 2020 11:13 pm

They aren’t in the window where extension talks are permitted yet, right? So, wouldn’t doing so now be illegal?
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#8 » by njknicks » Fri Apr 3, 2020 4:17 pm

jlokine wrote:
njknicks wrote:Masai has free reign to negotiate on his terms -- he will decide when / how ( if not already done so ).

nets wont hire nick nurse.. kyrie and KD run that ship.. they just fired a capable coach.. they want ty lue in there..

Ty Lue nearly had to be hospitalized with the Cavs during the finals run -- am sure he values his health above dealing with Kyrie ( again ) and an injured / disgruntled KD.

Better alternative situation would be Houston Rockets or Philly Sixers ( both coaches / GMS in the hot seat -- time for a change )
bballwatcher23
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#9 » by bballwatcher23 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:00 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:Oh god, what if Massai took Nurse and left Toronto?

Is this really worry you need to add on to yourself right now?

Return to Wiretap Discussion