Nico Mannion Declares For 2020 NBA Draft

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Nico Mannion Declares For 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 7, 2020 7:33 pm

Nico Mannion will enter the 2020 NBA Draft.

Mannion is currently considered the No. 14 prospect in the class by ESPN.

"My international experience will be a big plus," Mannion told ESPN. "Having played international ball at the U16s and against pros with the men's team. I think I proved that I belonged at the Hoop Summit, that I'm one of the best pure point guards in this draft. People saw prior to college that I can really shoot the ball, even if I didn't shoot as well as I can this season at Arizona."

Mannion told ESPN he is currently preparing for the draft back home in Arizona, where he has access to a private gym and weight room thanks to a family friend.

"I'm just trying to stay positive right now handling what's going on worldwide with the [coronavirus] with my preparations for the draft," Mannion said. "It's hard because you don't have a specific day or workout to look forward to. It could be one, two, three months or more, who knows? Our state is on lockdown, but I am really lucky to have access to a gym near my house where I can lift and shoot. No one uses the facility except me. I'm just getting reps every day trying to perfect what I can perfect on and off the court, be it passing, ballhandling or ball-screen drills, and trying to get stronger. I'm working on extending my range. This time off gives us me an opportunity to get better. That's where I have a little bit of an advantage. I'm watching a lot of film on Steve Nash and Chris Paul. How they use ball screens to get in the lane and finish with floaters."

Via Jonathan Givony/ESPN

FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Re: Nico Mannion Declares For 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#2 » by FreeBoosie » Wed Apr 8, 2020 1:51 pm

It’s like Robert Swift and Chase Buddinger had a baby no h0m0 lol
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Nico Mannion Declares For 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#3 » by Revived » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:42 pm

FreeBoosie wrote:It’s like Robert Swift and Chase Buddinger had a baby no h0m0 lol

Lmao I was thinking who he reminds me of and I kept thinking Scalabrine but it was actually Chase Budinger.

Return to Wiretap Discussion