Adam Silver Believed To Have Faith, Trust Of Entire NBA On Handling COVID-19 Decisions

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 195

Adam Silver Believed To Have Faith, Trust Of Entire NBA On Handling COVID-19 Decisions 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 9, 2020 4:00 pm

Adam Silver is believed to have the faith of the NBA's owners, executives and players in how he is handling the league's response to COVID-19.

"Let me say a couple of things that have come through as I've talked to people: coaches, players, executives, other wings that I will not say, but let's just say from top to bottom in the league," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "Number one: there's an incredible amount of support and trust and belief in Adam Silver. From the star players down to lower level employees to referees. They really do believe in him. 

"I've heard this time and time again: Adam will not let us comeback until we know we're safe.

"I'm hearing the same thing," said Jackie MacMullan.

"His equity within the league is excellent. And he's gotten a lot of credit for shutting the league down. I have sort of begrudgingly kind of.. He didn't have a choice. He had to shut the league down. A player tested positive and I want to point out that there were municipalities that had said 'no fans are going to games', yet there were fans in NBA arenas that night. So to say that the NBA was ahead of the curve is not really accurate. The Ivy League and the ATP tennis tour were ahead of the curve.

"Nonetheless, he did shut it down and showed good leadership in doing so. He didn't mess around. He shut it down and set an example for many other leagues to follow. But people value and trust in his leadership immensely.

"And so number one: he can use that to his advantage because I think people will follow in what he says, but he has to be very careful because they're trusting him and I think that's going to cause him to be very cautious."

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Discussion