Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Have Phone Conversation As First Step To Repair Relationship

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Have Phone Conversation As First Step To Repair Relationship 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:47 am

Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell spoke over the phone on Saturday, Gobert said in an IG Live conversation with Taylor Rooks.

Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports reported that it was a positive conversation and a first step to repair the relationship between the two Jazz players.

The relationship between Mitchell and Gobert is strained due to the fallout from their COVID-19 positive tests.

Haynes added that both players had issues with each other stemming from the test results.

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Have Phone Conversation As First Step To Repair Relationship 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:45 pm

Looking forward to episode two of Days of Our Lives.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,354

Re: Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Have Phone Conversation As First Step To Repair Relationship 

Post#3 » by PerfectJab » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:25 pm

If in fact the divide happened as a result of 'blaming' one another for contracting the disease it is a silly argument and should be squashed. There may have been negligence but I highly doubt malicious intentions.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Best of luck to the both of them but I don't think I could find it within myself to continue playing with Rudy. He threatened his teammates, the organization, the families of those involved in both, the great careers of all involved, and the beyond generational money that the careers generate. That's not something I could forgive and let go of so quickly. It would take a separation and time for me to ever be able to get that point. If Donovan can manage to forgive and move on from the petulant, spoiled brat act that Rudy threatened Donovan and others with, I couldn't help to give him a ton of props for that. Takes a really good man to forgive that and many, myself included, would struggle to emulate that in such circumstances with so much on the line.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,354

Post#5 » by PerfectJab » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:53 pm

23artest23 wrote:Best of luck to the both of them but I don't think I could find it within myself to continue playing with Rudy. He threatened his teammates, the organization, the families of those involved in both, the great careers of all involved, and the beyond generational money that the careers generate. That's not something I could forgive and let go of so quickly. It would take a separation and time for me to ever be able to get that point. If Donovan can manage to forgive and move on from the petulant, spoiled brat act that Rudy threatened Donovan and others with, I couldn't help to give him a ton of props for that. Takes a really good man to forgive that and many, myself included, would struggle to emulate that in such circumstances with so much on the line.
You must be the type to hold grudges.

I think that not even Rudy knew the magnitude of the situation back then. He is still a kid and he obviously made a mistake which I highly doubt he'll make again. If you're DM in the end you can only speculate where the infection came from. No one got hurt so why get mad for the sake of getting mad? What's the point?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Return to Wiretap Discussion