Pau Gasol Says He Wants To Play In 2021 Olympics

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Pau Gasol Says He Wants To Play In 2021 Olympics 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:39 am

Pau Gasol said he wanted to play in the 2021 Olympics, which would make him a five-time Olympian.

"I was hoping before everything changed and got postponed, or cancelled, that I was going to have enough time to heal my injury, to get in an appropriate shape to be able to compete and play and still, at 40 years old, play my fifth Olympics this summer in Tokyo," said Gasol in an interview with the Olympic Channel.

Gasol signed with the Blazers last offseason, but was waived without playing a single game.

Gasol added that he would have to play competitive basketball next season to get into shape for the Olympics.

"I will have to play competitively in order to get to the summer of 2021 at a high level and be able to compete and help my country, which is not a bad thing. But the truth of it is that, in summer 2021, I'll be 41, which is a challenge. ... It is very much still a desire to be able to play my fifth Olympics and potentially that being my very last tournament."

Via FIBA Basketball

Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Re: Pau Gasol Says He Wants To Play In 2021 Olympics 

Post#2 » by Airmax3D » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Only for him to play competitive basketball is to go back to Europe. I'm sure Barcelona would love to have him for his experience. He'd play 15mins a game for a chance to win the Euroleague.

Return to Wiretap Discussion