Cole Anthony On Potentially Getting Drafted By Knicks: 'It Would Be Pretty Cool'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Cole Anthony On Potentially Getting Drafted By Knicks: 'It Would Be Pretty Cool' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Cole Anthony discussed his love for the New York Knicks, adding that he could fill a role with the team as a guard. 

“It would be pretty cool. I was a fan for a good amount of time. I do like the Knicks. I think they definitely can use a guard, a good scoring point guard. If that happens, it would be pretty cool to play in front of my little brother," told The Post in an interview. 

Anthony, who is from New York City, declared for the draft on Friday and is projected to be a lottery pick.

Anthony averaged 18.5 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 4.3 assists last season at UNC.

He added that he is more focused on finding a good situation than how high he is drafted.

“What pick you’re drafted at doesn’t mean anything. I’d rather be drafted 17th in a really good situation for myself, then go seventh in a terrible situation for myself where I’m behind two other lead guards. It’s really all about fit.”

Via Zach Braziller/New York Post

GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Re: Cole Anthony On Potentially Getting Drafted By Knicks: 'It Would Be Pretty Cool' 

Post#2 » by GameBredAPBT » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:57 pm

I’m lost; does he have some ties to the franchise that I’m not aware of? I don’t recall his old man ever playing for the Knicks
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Re: Cole Anthony On Potentially Getting Drafted By Knicks: 'It Would Be Pretty Cool' 

Post#3 » by cdubbz » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:12 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:I’m lost; does he have some ties to the franchise that I’m not aware of? I don’t recall his old man ever playing for the Knicks

Greg Anthony played for the Knicks for a few seasons. Cole played HS ball on Queens for a bit I believe
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#4 » by GameBredAPBT » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:40 pm

cdubbz wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:I’m lost; does he have some ties to the franchise that I’m not aware of? I don’t recall his old man ever playing for the Knicks

Greg Anthony played for the Knicks for a few seasons. Cole played HS ball on Queens for a bit I believe

Gotchya, that makes sense now
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 385

Post#5 » by Elnegron » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:40 pm

Knicks and good situation are like oil and water
niha17
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#6 » by niha17 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:00 pm

He would be better off not retiring from basketball now instead of playing for the knicks. Also if i ran another team and heard he was impressed with the knicks I would not pick him in the draft. I would think he's got alot of learning still to do. It dont matter if its your hometown or not. You play to win the games. The knicks need 2.5 years of wins to make the playoffs 1 year. 20 wins a yr come on man.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,865
Location: On the Dallas bandwagon for the rest of the '24 playoffs

Post#7 » by -Sammy- » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:16 am

I'm pretty sure the transcriber misunderstood him when he said 'it would be pretty cruel.'

I'm just kidding, Knicks Nation; I hope y'all draft him and I hope he becomes a star. The NBA is better when the Knicks are good!
BKNETS13
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by BKNETS13 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:06 pm

You don’t recall his dad playing for the Knicks? His father was drafted by the Knicks and played more games with Knicks then any other team he played for in the NBA. How about doing some research before commenting. Oy vey.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,973

Post#9 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:24 pm

He'd be a great fit. Also, him being overrated is actually quite an overrated notion. He's a perfect fit and the talent is definitely there. I'm low key rooting for him to become a Knick (even though he shouldn't).
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:21 pm

Maybe he comes out ahead of others picked sooner because the draft is a lot of boom bust
with more bust than boom projected prospects and who knows maybe that even gets him picked high.
But he didnt do enough to justify a top 10 pick in college at all.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
RealGM
And1: 66,573

Post#11 » by 720 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:55 pm

He’s going to be a bust.

Return to Wiretap Discussion