Re: Jazz Not Planning On Trading Either Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jazz Not Planning On Trading Either Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:13 am

There have been questions about whether Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert will repair their relationship long-term. For now, the Utah Jazz have no plans to break up their core.

"There aren’t any plans on trading either one of them," writes Tony Jones of The Athletic. "If you made a list of the most untouchable players in the league, Mitchell would be on that list. He’s a dynamic talent, who is very well liked and a draw to other players around the league. He’s been terrific in the community. Most important, the Jazz have years of team control left in regards to his contract.

"As for Gobert, the Jazz have built their entire identity defensively around his talents. He’s one of the top 15 players in the league. He’s a unique player in the league. It’s imprudent to speculate on who the Jazz can get for either guy, because there aren’t any plans on trading either guy."

Via Tony Jones/The Athletic

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,627

Post#2 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:57 am

How about both? :D

Mitch and RJ for Donovan and Gobert. Maybe we'd also agree to throw in both Dallas no. 1s we got in the KP trade.
Free Palestine
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#3 » by njknicks » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:10 am

Donovan Mitchell is as close to untouchable for the Jazz as possible -- unless you are getting a massive haul ( i.e. OKC / Clips Paul George trade ), there is no way on earth the Jazz trade a young / talented star in the making.

Rudy Gobert is a transformational defensive player ( modern day Tyson Chandler ) -- could be had if the price is right, especially given his offensive limitation beyond outside of 10 feet.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#4 » by alienpick » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:How about both? :D

Mitch and RJ for Donovan and Gobert. Maybe we'd also agree to throw in both Dallas no. 1s we got in the KP trade.

:lol: you Knicks fans crack me up. Just as delusional as your owner. :lol:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Re: Re: Jazz Not Planning On Trading Either Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert 

Post#5 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:56 am

Gobert has got to go. There is no reparing that broken situation, regardless of media reports
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#6 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:42 am

njknicks wrote:Donovan Mitchell is as close to untouchable for the Jazz as possible -- unless you are getting a massive haul ( i.e. OKC / Clips Paul George trade ), there is no way on earth the Jazz trade a young / talented star in the making.

Rudy Gobert is a transformational defensive player ( modern day Tyson Chandler ) -- could be had if the price is right, especially given his offensive limitation beyond outside of 10 feet.

Do you mean like Clips trading away SG who is better the Mitchell and getting PG13 to pair with Kawhi.. If that trade was available goodbye Mitchell and let's say ingles and several draft picks hello Kawhi and PG.. Mitchell is an ineffienct chucker I doubt Utah get past the second round while he is on the list..
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:00 am

Nor should they be... rather trade Connelly if I had to move anyone on that squad. They’ll find a way to work out their differences....
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#8 » by dautjazz » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
njknicks wrote:Donovan Mitchell is as close to untouchable for the Jazz as possible -- unless you are getting a massive haul ( i.e. OKC / Clips Paul George trade ), there is no way on earth the Jazz trade a young / talented star in the making.

Do you mean like Clips trading away SG who is better the Mitchell and getting PG13 to pair with Kawhi.. If that trade was available goodbye Mitchell and let's say ingles and several draft picks hello Kawhi and PG.. Mitchell is an ineffienct chucker I doubt Utah get past the second round while he is on the list..

Why is SGA better than Mitchell? I wouldn't say Mitchell is SIGNIFICANTLY better, nor that he is a better prospect, but I would say he is definitely better at the moment.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#9 » by haste10176 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:03 am

dautjazz wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

Why is SGA better than Mitchell? I wouldn't say Mitchell is SIGNIFICANTLY better, nor that he is a better prospect, but I would say he is definitely better at the moment.

SGA averages 19.3 points per game playing with two other starting PG's.. FG% .474% and and 3P% .357% lets compare to Mitchell FG .44% and .355% and averages 22.7 points.. How is Mitchell better?
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#10 » by haste10176 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:03 am

dautjazz wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

SGA averages 19.3 points per game playing with two other starting PG's.. FG% .474% and and 3P% .357% lets compare to Mitchell FG .44% and .355% and averages 22.7 points.. How is Mitchell better?
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#11 » by dautjazz » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:55 am

haste10176 wrote:
dautjazz wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

For one, Mitchell and Gobert got COVID-19 and were playing sick for a good stretch after the All-Star game, go luck at their numbers, they stunk. Mitchell averaged 38.3FG% 33.3 3PT% for the month of March (5 games) and averaged 17.8ppg 4.4rpg and 3.6apg.

Pre All-Star Mitchell was putting up 24.3ppg 4.3rpg 4.3apg averaging 45.7 FG% and 36.3 3PT% and 86.1 FT%, whether you use Shai's pre All-Star splits of his whole season numbers, he wasn't better than that: 19.3ppg 6.1rpg 3.3apg and averaging 47.3 FG% 35.1 3PT% 80.1 FT% aint better.

Don vs Shai
PER: 19.1 > 17.8
TS%: .560 <.566
VORP: 2.1 > 2.0
OWS: 3.0 > 2.9
DWS: 2.2 < 2.6

Donovan takes way more shots than Shai, especially from behind the arc, so sure his FG% looks worse, but his TS% was higher before he got sick. Mitchell made the All-Star game, Shai didn't, his team was playing better, etc. Shai is remarkably good for his age, but I don't buy that he is better yet.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.

Return to Wiretap Discussion