Lakers Ask L.A. Mayor For Permission To Reopen Practice Facility Before May 15th

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers Ask L.A. Mayor For Permission To Reopen Practice Facility Before May 15th 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:25 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have been in communication with the Los Angeles mayor's office to discuss the possibility of reopening their practice facility before the current shelter-at-home order in the city expires on May 15th.

The NBA will allow players to return to team facilities for voluntary workouts on May 8th.

The Lakers have not made recommendations to any of the handful of players who are out of town as to when they should return to Los Angeles.

Players will be scheduled in groups of up to four -- each getting their own half court -- for 90-minute workout periods. The workouts will be aimed at individualized skill work and conditioning.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Re: Lakers Ask L.A. Mayor For Permission To Reopen Practice Facility Before May 15th 

Post#2 » by objectivefan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Bad PR move, why not follow the city rules on building/job openings
Why should the Lakers get special treatment when other jobs are closed?

What about the small businesses that didn't get the loan money that you took (and yes subsequently returned), why not re-open then also?
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 370

Re: Lakers Ask L.A. Mayor For Permission To Reopen Practice Facility Before May 15th 

Post#3 » by Elnegron » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 pm

I would open my business as soon as Lakers open theirs.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#4 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:13 am

Elnegron wrote:I would open my business as soon as Lakers open theirs.

Hardly re open they are not playing games ergo no revenue.. i am sure a lot of people want to see the NBA get games back up to return something good to the community..
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,903

Post#5 » by Sofia » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:38 pm

Did they make false claims on this application too?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,949

Post#6 » by mastermixer » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:10 pm

objectivefan wrote:Bad PR move, why not follow the city rules on building/job openings
Why should the Lakers get special treatment when other jobs are closed?

What about the small businesses that didn't get the loan money that you took (and yes subsequently returned), why not re-open then also?

I never understood this logic lol. They should get special treatment because they are special. They hopefully would be be able to demonstrate that they have the ability to keep everything clean and sanitary for a select group of people (Laker players) that are more valuable and more important than the average person.

They’re already getting special treatment, just by the fact they’re even able to talk to the Mayor.

The Loan thing is a different story, there is only a certain amount of money available, and by them taking some of it, that means there’s less money available for people that really need it. Glad they gave it back
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr

Return to Wiretap Discussion