Alvin Gentry To Discuss Potential Minutes Restrictions With Zion Williamson If Season Returns

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Alvin Gentry To Discuss Potential Minutes Restrictions With Zion Williamson If Season Returns 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 2, 2020 7:16 pm

Alvin Gentry said that he will talk to Zion Williamson about potentially restricting his minutes if the league resumes its schedule this season.

Gentry added that Williamson was off his minutes restrictions when the season was suspended.

“We’ll have those conversations. Obviously, his health will be the number one priority, but the restriction was really off after his first 5-6 games. So, he was playing the minutes that he would normally play, considering with any situation really. But, it will be something that we talk about when we do resume and as far as how it looks for Zion from a minute standpoint, and we’ll do that really with some of the other players," said Gentry in a press conference.

Gentry rated Williamson's season as a "pleasant surprise," adding that he's never seen a player with a quicker second jump that the rookie.

"I still think that in all the years that I’ve been in the league, I’ve never seen anyone that has a second jump like this kid. It’s amazing how he can hit the ground and be back up before anyone is really reacting to the first move that he had. I would say that’s been a pleasant surprise in those areas right there. I think what we found out is that he’s an excellent passer, also. I think as he gets more comfortable handling a basketball, that’s going to be an area that everyone sees that he can be an elite guy from the position that he’s playing right there." 

Via NBA.com

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Re: Alvin Gentry To Discuss Potential Minutes Restrictions With Zion Williamson If Season Returns 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Sun May 3, 2020 5:54 am

Unless he’s just been sitting on his couch pounding snacks during the shutdown I don’t understand a minute restriction. Let the kid play.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion