Alex Antetokounmpo To Play Professionally In Europe

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Alex Antetokounmpo To Play Professionally In Europe 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 10, 2020 5:14 am

Alex Antetokounmpo, the younger brother of Giannis Antetokounmpo, announced that he will turn pro in Europe as a way to prepare for the NBA Draft.

“I am examining my options, I have a few choices from the States, but I have decided to play in Europe. I want to become a pro as soon as possible. I was born and raised in Europe, I know European basketball and the best thing for me would be to sign a contract with a European club. I will have to train and compete against grown men, I will experience strong competition and pressure and I will evolve on every level," Antetokounmpo told Eurohoops.

Antetokounmpo graduated from high school in Milwaukee this year.

Three out of the four Antetokounmpo brothers play in the NBA.

Via Nikos Varlas/eurohoops.net

MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Re: Alex Antetokounmpo To Play Professionally In Europe 

Post#2 » by MitchB3 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:38 pm

He basically said f**k no to the NCAA.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: Alex Antetokounmpo To Play Professionally In Europe 

Post#3 » by cheese318 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:19 pm

MitchB3 wrote:He basically said f**k no to the NCAA.

Seems to be the growing trend and not even with overseas. Top prospects choosing $500,000 to play in the G League for a year has to be a sign to the NCAA. NBA really needs to allow high school graduates to enter NBA draft ASAP. Even with all this happening NCAA still offers a prospect so much exposure that would benefit for the playing career. Zion Williamson got paid close to $100,000,000 from Jordan Brand and a big portion of that is thanks to his year at Duke University. I would rather play college ball over G League.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion